Job Position: 5th/6th Grade Coordinator
Department: Student Ministry
Supervisor: Student & Family Ministry Director
Job Type: Part-time (15 hours per week)
Redeemer is a multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Encinitas built on the belief that the gospel renews everything. Our vision is to saturate North County San Diego and beyond with the gospel so it leads to renewal in our lives, church and communities.
Job Purpose: To lead the 5th/6th grade ministry of Redeemer Church with the vision to build a community, teach the scriptures effectively, provide dedicated leadership, and create opportunities for missional service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the 5th/6th Grade program that focuses on gospel centered Biblical teaching, relevant and conducive for the spiritual growth of 5th and 6th graders.
- Inspire and recruit volunteers to facilitate small group discussions on Sunday mornings and assist at midweek gatherings.
- Faithfully pursue kids and families in relationships that lead to discipleship.
- Build relationships with other program leaders to help kids transition smoothly from 4th grade into 5th/6th and 6th into 7th-12th.
- Be an active presence in planning and facilitating Sunday school and mid-week activities.
- Ensure that communications to parents, volunteers and staff is thorough and made in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Establish a plan for program growth to include unchurched kids into the 5th/6th grade program.
- Provide support and assistance at children’s/students’ special events.
- A growing relationship with Christ
- A deep love of kids
- Previous experience working with children and youth
- Appropriate educational background
- A willingness to be a team player
- An energetic and cooperative spirit
- Responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Good communication skills
- Exceptional moral and ethical character
- A willingness to listen, receive and provide feedback
- Giftedness in the areas of (but not limited to) teaching, encouragement, leadership, administration, and service
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and complete the online application form available at https://redeemersd.wufoo.com/forms/mv906dg0mu2y2t/