Job Position: Student Ministry Manager
Department: Student Ministry
Supervisor: Student & Family Ministry Director
Job Type: Part-time (25 hours per week)
Redeemer is a multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Encinitas built on the belief that the gospel renews everything. Our vision is to saturate North County San Diego and beyond with the gospel so it leads to renewal in our lives, church and communities.
Job Purpose: To partner with and assist the Student Director in the leadership, development and vision implementation of the student ministry, primarily focusing on relationships with the female students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing and creating an environment each Sunday for all 7th-12th grade students to feel welcomed, known, loved and hear the gospel
- Be an active presence in planning and facilitating Sunday mornings and mid-week activities
- Assist in developing activities that provide opportunities for fellowship, outreach, and service through the calendar of events
- Participate in monthly events (including winter and summer retreats).
- Faithfully pursue students and families in relationships that lead to discipleship, focusing on the female students
- Provide support and assist the Student and Family Director in the growth and development of the student ministry
- Create and cultivate an identity for the young ladies in the midst of the student ministry
- Implement ways to accommodate and create an environment that is conducive to the spiritual growth and development of all students
- Assist in the recruiting and developing volunteer leaders in the discipleship of students
- Facilitate administrative tasks for student ministry as directed by the Student and Family Director (i.e., coordinate events, social media, communication, etc.)
- Ensure that communication to parents, volunteers and staff are made in a timely and appropriate manner
- Communicate plans and program updates on a regular basis, encouraging kids and parent participation and support the church’s ministry and mission.
- A maturing relationship with Christ
- A deep love of students, particularly middle school students
- Previous experience working with children and youth
- Appropriate educational background
- A willingness to be a team player
- Has the integrity to work flexible hours
- An energetic and cooperative spirit
- Responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Good administrative and communication skills
- Exceptional moral and ethical character
- A willingness to listen, receive and provide feedback
- Gifted in the areas of (but not limited to) administration, encouragement, leadership and service
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and complete the online application form available at https://redeemersd.wufoo.com/forms/mm764co1ta6h7c/