General Job Description:
Execute plans to enable CrossView Church to effectively follow the mission/vision of the church
- Support the work of ministry within the church so that CVC can more effectively impact lives for the glory of God and implement the vision of the church.
- Responsible to guide and motivate people in the congregation by helping them find their place in ministry and where they need to be in order to grow.
- Identify and develop ministry skills to incorporate members into ministry.
- Recruit, train, and lead all church volunteers (both directly and indirectly).
• Work closely with the Council of Elders but not as a member of the Elder Board (per CVC constitution).
• Provide ministry leaders with a clearly communicated vision of the church
• Oversee and assist in the spiritual growth of leaders within the church.
Serve the Senior Pastor, Council of Elders, Staff and congregation as a servant of Jesus Christ by developing systems and processes that are consistent with the job description, and that are integrated and aligned with the vision of the church.
The Pastor of Ministries of CrossView Church is expected to:
- live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a follower of Jesus Christ and influence others to do so.
- be a servant leader to the church body.
- be conversant with the Word of God and evangelical doctrine.
- be a central point of communication to the ministries.
- live out worshipful interaction with God daily.
- be a sincere servant who is transparent and patient.
- have a leadership style that is cognizant of details but does not micromanage.
- An individual with at least 5 years full-time pastoral experience or equivalent, including some experience within EFCA or other church congregational form of government similar to CVC.
- A solid, mature Christian, with ability to assist ministry leaders and others in growing spiritually in their relationship with God/Christ.
- Possesses exceptional skills and experience in executional leadership.
- Experience building systems and processes to assist people
- Administrative and organizational skills are imperative.
- Able to teach on occasion as needed.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementing strategic plans.
- Experience in developing and working in team-based ministries.
- Must possess a true calling and passion for intentionally pointing people to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Responsible to the Senior Pastor, the Council of Elders, and the entire church body of CrossView Church.
- Work with the Senior Pastor, and the Elder Board to reach, grow and develop fully-mature disciples of Christ.
- Oversee the recruitment, motivation, and training of ministry leaders.
- Develop systems and processes to engage, inspire, equip and retain leaders.
- Develop systems and processes which keep attendees moving forward from their first visit to their full involvement at CVC.