The Children’s Minister is responsible for the development and implementation of Children’s Ministries that develop and promote a Gospel-centered lifestyle of evangelism and discipleship in line with the GSFBC Vision and 4 Priorities for children from 1st – 5th grade by ministering to both children and their families.
Essential Responsibilities of the Children’s Minister:
- Develop a Children’s Ministry strategy that leads children and their parents to Live for God, Love Others, and Reach the Nations through the practices of Corporate Worship, Small Groups (Sunday School), Serving, and Making Disciples.
- Coordinate, plan, promote, implement, and evaluate all programs and events for 1st - 5th grade children, including a Preteen ministry for 4th & 5th grade students that focuses on age-appropriate discipling and leadership development through separate programming, events, mission trips, and worship experiences.
- In consultation with the Discipleship Pastor, the Children’s minister will: recruit, train, and equip teachers; select curricula; identify supply and space needs; and plan special emphases for promotion and outreach in Children’s small groups including special needs ministries.
- Develop a Children’s Ministry philosophy that partners with parents to equip and assist them in the spiritual training of their children by providing resources, education, and training events. Meet with parents and children as needed, or requested, to give biblical counsel and encouragement with issues they may be facing (death, divorce, parenting, etc.).
- Enlist, train, equip, and coordinate with Vacation Bible School leaders to implement all aspects of Vacation Bible School including Mission VBS opportunities.
- Provide follow-up for all children’s activities and events in which children make decisions for Christ including decisions for salvation and public professions of faith through baptism. The Children’s Minister should set a personal example of evangelism by leading in visitation, counseling, and witnessing.
- Develop and implement a New Christians Class for Children who trust Christ as Lord and Savior. The class is to help both children and parents understand the decision they have made/need to make, encourage them to follow in believer’s baptism, and equip them to begin a daily walk with Christ.
- Coordinate events and activities that help GSFBC families engage children and families in community through community service and outreach events and activities including, but not limited to, local schools, parks, and family oriented businesses and organizations.
- Manage and administer all budgets associated with Children’s Ministry and communicate financial needs of the Children to the Executive Pastor on a timely basis for consideration in the church budget.
- Work with the staff to identify and schedule facility needs for the Children’s Ministry.
- Stay informed on Children’s Ministry methods, programs, and administration by attending conferences and conventions, continued professional development, and in cooperation with the Lead Pastor and other ministerial staff attend leadership and personal development conferences as needed or requested.
- Supervise and direct any and all Children’s Ministry Associates, Assistants, and Interns as required.
- Continually evaluate and recommend changes to policies and procedures (SEC policies and Preschool Handbook), including electronic security system, to ensure highest level of safety and security for children.
- Perform ministerial duties, including hospital visitation as assigned and as needs arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to serve Jesus Christ and the mission of GSFBC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Associate or Children’s Minister in church averaging at least 700 in weekly attendance.
- Proven skills in the area of: administration, creativity, interpersonal relationships (staff and members), and leading leaders.
- Gifted communicator in teaching children, casting vision, and exhorting children and parents toward a Gospel-centered lifestyle.
- Seminary Degree with emphasis on children’s ministry or equivalent years’ experience.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1