$20/hr for 3 days a week.
Must have 2 years of experience leading (not just teaching) a children's ministry.
Must be an excellent communicator and good with people.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Please send short cover letter, short resume and video of you teaching.
Children’s Minister Responsibilities
The Children’s Minister will report to the Senior Pastor and work with the Elders, the pastoral and administrative staff, deacons and other volunteers and church members to provide children’s ministry to the children in the congregation and community as
defined by God’s Word, the Bible.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Lord, our chief shepherd, through obedience to His commands (John 14:15,21) and a commitment to daily Bible study and prayer. (John 13:10, Joshua 1:8-9, Hosea 4:6, 1 Thess 5:17)
- Ministering to children and families. The Children’s Minister’s primary responsibility is ministering to children and their families in the church and surrounding community. This includes teaching on Sundays, designing/selecting and preparing children’s
Sunday school curriculum, preparing a weekly evening children’s program, and frequently communicating with the children and their families.
- Discipling. The Children’s Minister will get to know the congregation, discern potential teachers, assistants, helpers, and volunteers, request their service and assistance, and disciple them as leaders of God’s children using God’s Word.
- Other responsibilities:
- i. The Children’s Minister, Senior Pastor and the Elders will work together in determining the overall needs of the church’s children and creating plans to meet those needs.
- ii. The Children’s Minister will participate in regular staff meetings and other activities to clarify and execute church-wide goals and objectives.
- iii. The Children’s Minister will develop a team of children’s ministry teachers, assistants, helpers, and volunteers and will meet and communicate with them frequently.
- Vision. The Children’s Minister is responsible for establishing vision and/or goals for his/her ministry and implementing strategies for attainment through the power and direction of the Holy Spirit.
- Communication. The Children’s Minister will communicate regularly and frequently with the Senior Pastor and the Children’s Ministry teachers, assistants, helpers, and volunteers.
- Evangelism. The Children’s Minister will be active in evangelistically sharing faith in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
- Service. The Children’s Minister will serve in other capacities as reasonably assigned consistent with the definition of ministry or “d?a????a?” as: service.
- Belief. The Children’s Minister must support and adhere to the Statement of Faith and the Bylaws of Eastside Christian Church.
- Continuing Education. The Children’s Minister shall be allowed to be away from church with pay for up to one (1) week per year for conferences, spiritual retreats, revivals, supplements to education, or other activities which supplement,
build up, or extend the children’s ministry. This time away will not carry forward. The Children’s Minister will make the necessary arrangements to ensure the continuity of teaching, leading, facilitating, and other on-going church responsibilities and programs
in his/her absence. ECC will reimburse reasonable expenses incurred for this continuing education.