The Worship Leader position is responsible for the worship ministry at Calvary Lutheran Church. The Worship Leader leads a team of volunteers and professionals charged with creating inspiring and authentic worship experiences and special events. The Worship
Leader must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Scope and Purpose
The full time, salaried Worship Leader position reports directly to the Pastors. This person will lead Calvary through music and the arts reaching all of God's people within and beyond our church walls. Believing Jesus Christ is our Savior and through His
grace we are forgiven, this candidate must possess the heart of an artist, the gifts of a leader, and a passion for praising Jesus through creative and Spirit inspired leadership.
- Must be a passionate believer of Jesus Christ.
- Envision and initiate new avenues for worship that engage the unchurched and churched.
- Communicate vision and passion for the worship ministry to the staff, congregation, and worship teams.
- Develop goals together with the Worship Leadership Team for the worship ministry in line with Calvary's mission statement and values.
- Effectively lead the congregation in worship.
- Identify, recruit and train worship leaders, musicians, and ministry volunteers.
- Schedule and rehearse worship teams, performance arts, bands, choirs, and vocalists.
- Oversee and maintain the worship, production and staging areas.
- Develop and administer a ministry budget.
- Participate in wedding and funeral preparations and services as needed.
- Engage and support outreach opportunities and events.
- Oversee the maintenance of the church music library, secure required licensing and copyright records in advance.
- Prepare media presentations for Sunday, special, and holiday worship services.
- Any other ministry as assigned by the Pastors or Worship Leadership Team.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Is committed to pursuing a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency on guitar and keyboard
- Ability to lead worship bands and direct singers.
- Is able to communicate, coordinate, and participate with church staff and Leadership Team.
- Possesses honesty and integrity; respects healthy confidentiality.
- Demonstrates initiative, confidence, and ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to grasp and adjust to new and changing situations in a timely and positive manner.
- Demonstrates capability on the most current presentation software, i.e. ProPresenter
- Holds Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
- Prefer the ability to interact with the Spanish speaking community.
Work involves normal activity of walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, raising arms, and lifting weights up to 50 pounds.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Performance Evaluation: Minimum once a year
Pay and Benefits: Per agreed upon compensation/benefits package