Title: Minister of Students
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Purpose of Position: Purpose: to serve the church by developing, coordinating, and administering an effective and comprehensive ministry to students (includes all grades from Pre-K to High School) and by providing leadership to and supervision of professional and administrative staff and volunteers involved in the ministry. The Minister to Students will work in cooperation with the team to achieve all ministry goals as stated below:
- Encourage the students of Crosspoint through relationships and programs to grow spiritually so that they will be equipped to live out their faith effectively;
- Maintain a clear focus on presenting the gospel message through special events, programs, and life-style evangelism to reach students for Christ;
- Disciple students so they will be equipped to serve God by developing them according to the God-given spiritual gifts, heart for ministry, abilities, personality, and experiences;
Spiritual & Character Qualifications:
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him
- Have a history of moral purity
- Meet the spiritual and social qualifications for elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
- Be highly relational and a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
- Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Possess the spiritual gifts of leadership (Romans 12:8), teaching (Romans 12:7) and administration (1 Corinthians 12:28)
- A bachelor’s degree (from an accredited four-year Bible college preferred) or a master’s degree from an accredited seminary
- Enthusiasm for the doctrine, vision and student ministry philosophy of Crosspoint Church
- Proven ability to recruit volunteers and develop & reproduce our next generation leaders
- Ability to articulate a biblical philosophy of student ministries
- Organization development and management skills: leadership, team building, research, analysis, and planning.
- Information Technology Skills: web technology, Microsoft word, Microsoft publisher, Microsoft powerpoint, Microsoft excel;
- Writing Skills: design, organize, prepare and write correspondence, curriculum, and other documentation;
- Bible Knowledge and Doctrine: Have a doctrinally sound theology and a living relationship with the World of God and be able to communicate biblical truth clearly with others.
- Counseling: Have a basic understanding and ability to counsel with students and families, providing guidance and direction as well as assess the need for professional help.
- Execute and sharpen the assimilation process that enables students to become passionate, contagious followers of Jesus Christ
- Develop objectives, goals, strategies and measurements for the youth program
- Recruit, train, empower and mentor volunteer leaders
- Coordinate and plan youth ministry group curriculum
- Manage the work of Student Ministry by encouraging teamwork and mutual support by providing leadership, nurture, and development to staff members who work within the ministry.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
- Meet regularly as directed with the Lead Pastor to clarify vision, goals, and strategy relating to student ministry.
- As opportunities arise and time allows, teach classes, church conferences and retreats, mid-week programs, and other events as directed by the lead pastor.
- Assist in worship and preach as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Work with appropriate committees, officers, and leaders in carrying out the mission and ministry of the church.
- Plan, organize and oversee activities for students
- Contact and follow-up with new students on a weekly basis
- Network with other area student pastors
- Maintain regular contact with parents (minimum monthly)
- Project and manage an annual ministry budget for all student ministries
- Pursuing personal, spiritual and professional growth opportunities
- Organize and plan camps, retreats, local and overseas missions experiences
- Perform other duties as assigned by lead pastor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Director of Student MinistriesDaniel Island Fellowship
- Charleston, South Carolina
- January 18
StudentLife PastorFirst Christian Church - Canton
- North Canton, Ohio
- January 18
Crosspoint is a thriving, multi-generational church with a passionate, life-giving environment where people of all ages, races and backgrounds are welcome. At each of our worship services, you’ll experience passionate, meaningful praise and worship and hear practical teaching from the Bible. We have trained, capable staff that provide incredible ministry to babies and kids at each service so that people of every age can experience God and get to know Him better. Crosspoint is full of friendly people who’d love to meet you and get to know yo More...