The Children’s Ministry Director/Children’s Pastor provides direction and oversight for all the children in grades kindergarten to fifth grade at Global Harvest Church (GHC). GHC offers children’s service for one of the two services on Sunday mornings, currently
averaging 75 children in attendance each week.
The Children’s Ministry Director/Children’s Pastor shall exhibit enthusiasm and passion for ministering within the church body. He/she must:
- Meet biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership, including but not limited to humility and promoting unity in the body of Christ.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. This includes living a life that represents Christ Jesus in devotion and love.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the area of Children’s Ministry. A bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is desired but not required.
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated success in recruiting, leading and motivating volunteers.
- A love for children and families.
- A teachable attitude.
- Ability to work as a part of a team toward a specific goal yielding mutually edifying and supportive results.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Creative ability to conceive, develop, organize and launch new programs and activities.
- Organizational skills.
The Children’s Ministry Director/Children’s Pastor is responsible for the following:
- Establishing goals, objectives and strategic planning for the ministry.
- Planning, organizing, and implementing the day to day activities related to the children’s ministry.
- Working with other leaders to develop and implement a strategy for recruiting lay volunteers, training volunteers, placing volunteers into areas of service that match their personal giftedness and evaluating volunteer performance.
- Coordinating volunteer interviews and reference checking; Collecting and processing all paperwork related to volunteer background checks, leadership covenants, etc.
- Evaluating successes and improvement opportunities following all programs. Working with lay persons and other staff in order to find deficiencies and work to create improvements.
- The Children’s Ministry Director/Children’s Pastor shall work closely with the Nursery & Preschool Pastor in the following areas:
- Sunday School
- CDK (Children’s Day Koionia): Annual family picnic/outing
- Vacation Bible School
- Fall Festival
- Special needs classes
- Workshops and conferences (up to two seminars per year) in order to continue to update skills and knowledge.
- Scheduled staff meetings.
- Thursday Intercessory Prayer meetings.
- Ensuring the classrooms are clean and create a safe environment.
- Listening to parent observations and suggestions. Making recommendations regarding solutions.
- Evaluating, reviewing and giving input regarding the design of Ministry brochures, forms, information systems and publicity.
- Dealing with children and families in crisis:
- Be competent to deal with situations of violence and abuse - in particular where children are victims or are at risk.
- Provide pastoral care to children and their families in grief.
- Recognize children with serious emotional problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of their own pastoral limits and how to deal with situations that require more help than the children's pastor can provide.
- Establish working relationships with heath and welfare professionals that can better meet the pastoral needs of children.
- Assisting in all special events of the ministry. For example, providing/coordinating Child Care for events such as Shepherd Retreat, Revival Meetings, Christmas Banquet, New Year’s Eve Service, Good Friday
Service, Family Retreat, and other events.