TITLE: Administrative Assistant – LifeKids Children’s Ministry
POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME – Admin.
COMPENSATION: Salary – fixed – 40 hour work-week
REPORTS TO: Children's Pastor
LifeAustin is a rapidly growing church in Austin, Texas. With a spectacular campus, beautiful facilities, and an incredible team, we are building a children's ministry that will both attract people, and help transform lives.
The LifeKids Admin. is expected to perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the Children’s Pastor and the Children’s Ministry department to facilitate the efficient ministry to all the children of LifeAustin and the
greater Austin, TX region.
Primary Responsibilities & Tasks (including but not limited to)
- support the Children’s Pastor in all areas requiring administrative duties
- schedule, reserve rooms, and coordinate meetings & workshops for the leaders and teams
- prepare agendas for meetings and prepare info sheets for Sundays & Special productions
- facilitate assimilation of new team members - collect and distribute 401 graduates to appropriate Dream Teams
- oversee the administration of Summer & Fall Creative Arts camps for Kids
- weekly communication with leaders and teachers
- weekly communication with both Preschool & Elementary Team leaders
- manage mass communications to the Parents
- update and manage information on LifeAustinConnect (CCB database)
- assist in weekly distribution of curricula to teachers
- weekly distribution of “ParentConnection” email
- Dream Team coordination for special events requiring childcare
- general clerical duties of scheduling, check requests, phone calls, and errands pertaining to the Dept.
- oversight of supplies, signage, promo materials, and registrations
- management of quarterly Baby Dedications, with certificates, celebrations, and gifts
- Weekdays (4 - Monday thru Thursday)
8:30 – 5:00
7:00 am – 1:00 pm
- total devotion to Jesus and His church
- communication skills – both written and verbal
- love of children and their families
- customer-service orientation
- planning and organizing – detail oriented
- prioritizing of multiple tasks and deadlines
- problem assessment and problem solving
- information gathering, information promotion, & information monitoring
- attention to detail and accuracy
- flexibility and adaptability
- teamwork and fun
- high-tolerance for “chaos”, low-tolerance for “drama”
NOTE: This job description is meant to be general in nature. Specific duties may be required that are not mentioned. Teamwork is a core value of LifeAustin and it is important to continue in that spirit. As our Church and ministry grows, other
responsibilities may be adjusted, added, and required.