Staff Profile - Full-Time Pastor of Worship and Discipleship
Overview: This dual-role position is being created to fulfill two important areas of pastoral leadership: worship ministry and discipleship/pastoral care. As the pastor overseeing the worship ministry, the successful candidate will oversee, participate in and execute all worship ministry in the church. The successful candidate will also provide general pastoral care working collaboratively with the other pastors and elders.
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- A clear testimony of faith in and a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ reflected in humility and godly character.
- A passion for genuine, humble individual and corporate worship.
- A passion for discipleship and the formation of the character of God in fellow believers.
- Able to help build a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- 3-5 years of experience in both worship leadership as well as pastoral ministry.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with and proficiency in a variety of music styles.
- Proficiency in playing a lead instrument such as the piano or guitar.
- A broad knowledge of discipleship and spiritual formation resources.
- Experience in spiritual leadership (leading prayers, small groups, studying scripture, etc.).
- Team player/collaborative; prioritizes relational ministry.
- Able to uphold and affirm the mission and strategy of the church as well as the unique music and worship culture of the church.
- Personally invested in the life of the church.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education: BS/BA degree, MS degree preferred in the area of music and/or theology.
- Must have at least three to five years of worship leading experience in a church setting.
- Must have vision and ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a worship program.
- Must have music skills and leadership experience in planning and overseeing worship services.
- Must have vocal and instrumental proficiency in a contemporary/modern music setting.
- Able to recruit and develop volunteer worship leaders.
- Able to incorporate various musical styles appropriately.
- Proficiency in the use of worship planning resources (e.g. Planning Center, CCLI Song Select, and ProPresenter).
- Skilled in the use of technical resources and equipment associated with music and worship ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Abilities in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Able to operate in a team environment, often working collaboratively with other staff.
The following describes the general nature and level of work expected in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
- Prepare for and lead worship and reflection in weekly gatherings or other gatherings in coordination with pastoral staff.
- Arrange for additional worship gatherings (i.e. weddings, funerals, special services, etc.) as needed.
- Design and develop a worship plan for message series, seasonal settings and annual themes.
- Schedule and arrange for leadership of rehearsals.
- Provide pastoral leadership and care for the worship ministry team.
- Deepen and develop the congregation’s understanding of worship.
- Create and develop leader and volunteer training.
- Organize and manage all music resources.
- Organize and manage all worship related teams including audio, video, lighting, drama and readers.
- Identify, equip, develop and shepherd volunteers to grow in their gifts and abilities of leading worship, playing instruments, performing dramas and providing technical support.
- Create and implement systems that recruit and engage new people to volunteer.
- Recruit, direct and oversee rehearsals of instrumental and vocal ensembles, children’s choir, youth music groups, and adult choirs.
- Prepare annual music and worship ministry budget.
- Provide preaching and teaching ministry as needed.
- Regularly visit individuals and families for the purpose of spiritual care and encouragement.
- Assist in the design, coordination and implementation of fellowship opportunities for the church body for the purpose of encouraging spiritual growth and mutual care.
- Create intergenerational interaction through corporate worship and ministry projects.
- Encourage and inspire spiritual growth through preaching and teaching.
- Consistently mentor and equip others to become spiritual leaders.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship Arts PastorFroot Group
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- January 18
Worship PastorFroot Group
- Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- January 18
Worship PastorNew Community Christian Church
- Salina, Kansas
- January 18
Worship PastorVelocity Church
- South Euclid, Ohio
- January 18
Worship LeaderFaith Community Christian Reformed Church
- Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
- January 18