Mission of MCRC
The mission of Mason County Reformed Church is to make disciples who make disciples.
The role of the Director of Music and Technology is to offer both music and leadership at worship services in such a way that it is irresistible to Mason County’s demographics by being both culturally relevant and by engaging those within and outside the
MCRC family. Our style of music is contemporary, including music from Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Casting Crowns, and updated hymns. As a result, music and technology would be presented in such a way that all people are pointed to a Great God,
are engaged through quality leadership and will be prepared to receive the Biblical truth that is to follow.
- Vocal Talent – An ability to lead worship with quality vocals
- Musical Talent – Ability to play a lead instrument, such as guitar or keyboard, the ability to read music, and a basic understanding of music theory
- Personal Faith Walk – Has a solid, mature faith, devoted to Jesus Christ, an orthodox view of Scriptures, and disciplined in their daily Christian walk.
- Networking – An ability to tap into both churched and unchurched talent in the local community to improve and diversify the worship experience
- Empowerment – An ability to identify, recruit & train talent from within and without MCRC for the purpose of creating powerful engaging worship experiences
- Heart for the Lost – A passion to build relationships and share faith with the lost
- Humility & Teachable – A willingness to fall under the authority of the lead pastor and the leadership team.
- Administrative Skills – The ability to be on time, dependable, prepared, and organized.
- Vision – Sold on vision of MCRC
- Technical Aptitude – The ability and willingness to work with technology for the worship experiences.
- Leadership – The ability to lead worship (an engaging speaker, comfortable on stage, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the band with a leading instrument and sing
- Work with technology for weekend gatherings
- Meet monthly with Ministry Team
- Meet weekly with MCRC Staff
- Meet weekly for practice
- Work with Pastor and Ministry Team to decide Annual Worship Budget
- Work with the Youth Praise Team
Please submit resume to:
Mason County Reformed Church
45 S. Amber Rd.
Scottville, MI 49454
Questions may be directed to:
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Mason County Reformed Church
We believe that the Bible is the foundation of our faith. Scripture is the word of God, inspired by God's Spirit. The Bible is trustworthy and has full authority over how we live our lives. There are no other writings that are similarly inspired by God.
We believe in one true, Holy God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In the beginning God perfectly created all things and continues to sustain and rule over his creation by his sovereign will.
God has sought throughout history to bring us back into relationship with Himself.
We believe that God created humanity to have fellowship with him. Humanity chose the path of independence and disobeyed God. Ever since then, all humanity has been broken, filled with sin, and unable to experience true life and relationship with God. This
separation leads to complete and utter brokenness and spiritual and eternal death. We can only have real life and relationship with God through a gracious act of God. Our salvation cannot be the result of any human effort, but solely the work of God's grace,
through Jesus Christ alone.
We believe that Jesus Christ is both God and human. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. God so loved people that he sent his son Jesus Christ to pay the price of our sins. Jesus Christ willingly died on the cross and rose again so
that we could receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life, by this act alone, could people once again experience true fellowship with God.
We believe that the Holy spirit makes all of humanity aware of God's presence. He delivers God's free gift of grace and lives in us.
The Holy Spirit reveals truth and causes us to understand and believe the Bible. The Holy Spirit makes it possible for us to become more Christ-like and equips us to do God's work in the world.
BAPTISM AND HOLY COMMUNION
We believe in the sacrament of baptism as instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ in the Gospel, shared in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the sacrament of Holy Communion, also instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ, which more fully communicates to us Christ's covenant of grace and reconciliation.
HEAVEN AND HELL
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost.
They that are lost unto eternal damnation.
They that are saved unto eternal life.
UNITY OF BELIEVERS
We believe in the spiritual unity of all who believe in our Lord Jesus Christ.
These articles of faith are presented as a basis for unity and NOT for purposes of judgment or division.
MASON COUNTY REFORMED CHURCH
Our aim is to be a church committed to reaching those who are uncommitted to Jesus Christ.
We exist to become disciples who go make disciples of Jesus Christ.