- Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in ownership of creative arts in all areas of the church: vocal, instrumental, audio, lighting, graphics, video production, stage design.
- Specialist in music and creative arts.
- Bring new music on regular basis as well as maintain a list of songs that people can sing.
- Produce video creatives that highlight stories from the everyday lives of our church, every second or third week.
- Ownership of service planning, production, and tech teams.
- Give polish to solid transitions in the service.
- Engage the creative brainstorming process two months before each series, and then refine it into a plan three weeks out.
- Freshen up stage design two-four times per year.
- Recruit, train, equip, and direct musicians, vocalists, technical/creative artists in the production of weekly worship
- Provide arts support as needed in the production of all special events and other church activities.
- Develop a leadership pipeline for emerging artists.
- Develop an annual ministry budget with the Finance Team, and manage spending to budget.
- Function as a member of the church's pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as needed or on a rotation schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants Should Exhibit the Following Characteristics:
- Experience in church leadership, and having had to start things from the ground up.
- A paradigm set on teams. Equipping and developing team members for worship is important to us. We also need someone who is open to giving and receiving feedback amongst staff and reporting relationships.
- Excited to to craft worship experiences around the Lakepoint DNA.
- Vocal and instrumental talents.
- Understand how to disciple people through music and creative arts.
- Resilience for working in environments of change.
About Lakepoint Church
Lakepoint Church is a dynamic four-year old non-denominational church, planted in the suburban rim of Milwaukee. We are most known for our grass roots community outreach, which has earned us a strong reputation for the things of Jesus in our city, Muskego. Secondly, we are known for being a family friendly church that loves children. A third of our church is under the age of 18.
People enjoy our Sunday services, but we need help making it a definitive strength. We hope to staff our worship and creative arts in such a way that we’ll have a truly attractional base to round off our strengths and reputation as a missional church. For us, “attractional” still means “authentic” and “engaging participation.” It’s very important for us to have a worship leader that disciples people into worship.
The purpose of our Sunday service is to a) equip people to discern an everyday life connection with Jesus for themselves, and b) equip people to create everyday life connection between Jesus and others, through everyday relationships. Although our Sunday morning emphasis is on equipping and sending believers, we still want seekers to feel at home, understand what is taking place, and even feel compelled to come back and experience the glory of God represented among us.
Average Sunday attendance at Lakepoint is about 300. We believe there is a strong likelihood that we will grow to 350-400 in weekly attendance in the near future.
More can be known about Lakepoint at www.LakepointMuskego.org or our at our community center site: www.MuskegoCircle.com.
Lakepoint is very active in church planting through Stadia and Newthing, and participates in a local hub of Milwaukee churches committed to planting every-other-year.
Church Planting Option
Lakepoint Church is heavily involved in the planting of other churches. Applicants for this position have to option to add “Church Planter in Residency” to their role, if they believe a lead role in church planting may be in their future.
Applicants wishing to pursue this option would commit to a minimum residency time frame for employment at Lakepoint, and Lakepoint would commit to a minimum of finances they will send with the planter at the end of that time frame.
Applying for this Position
Please send a resume, and links/files of no less than two samples songs of you leading worship, to Brian Hofmeister, Lead Pastor, email@example.com. Video samples are preferred.
The second step in the process will be phone interviews for top candidates, followed by a written questionnaire.
The final applicants will interview onsite. Some personal health assessments will follow before final offer is extended.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1