***ONLY APPLICANTS THAT APPLY DIRECTLY AT GATEWAYCHURCH.COM/EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED - DO NOT SUBMIT THROUGH CHURCHSTAFFING***
Are you an energetic leader with a passion for the Next Generation? Then this might be for you!
The NextGen Pastor will provide strategic oversight and organizational leadership to the entire NextGen Team for Gateway North, a campus of Gateway Church in North Austin, which includes Early Childhood (birth-5), Elementary (1st-5th
grade), Middle school (6th-8th grade) and High School (9th-12th grade), in addition to coaching best NextGen practices across all Gateway locations.
This servant leader will actively champion and passionately model effective hands-on ministry to the Next Generation and their families, and successfully replicate that mindset and skillset to the staff and volunteers that he/she leads.
Essential Functions of the NextGen Pastor
- Develop and implement a ministry vision and philosophy within the overall vision and philosophy of Gateway Church that balances outreach and discipleship across the NextGen ministry
- Model a “leaders of leaders” mindset, providing support in the development (recruiting, training, supervising) and nurturing of NextGen ministry staff and volunteer leaders
- Provide direction and management of Gateway North NextGen staff (6 members) through team leadership and 1x1 development
- Establish and execute annual goals with NextGen ministry staff that are consistent with the mission, vision and values of Gateway Church
- Responsible for excellent execution of NextGen ministries for our weekly 650-1000 kids and students
- Recruit, develop and train volunteer leaders to help implement and run the NextGen ministries; as well as manage staff in the selection and training of volunteer leaders
- Oversee NextGen ministry staff in modifying and executing the Orange curriculum and associated materials to best fit the needs of Gateway families
- Network with and incorporate best practices of other effective NextGen ministries to increase the effectiveness of Gateway’s NextGen ministries
- Develop and implement a cohesive strategy for a parent training program to help our parents whole-heartedly embrace and successfully live out their role as their child’s primary discipler
- Increase the visibility of NextGen ministries to the entire church body and to the surrounding community
- Partner with Grow team to start life groups for adult volunteers and lead staff to know where volunteers are on their spiritual journey
- Develop and manage the NextGen ministry budget for Gateway North
- Coach Next Gen staff at all Gateway locations to ensure consistency and quality of overall NextGen ministry
- Participate on the all-staff church leadership team
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Incarnational servant leader who joyfully leads by example
- Lifelong learner with demonstrated high intelligence, including relational, emotional and spiritual areas
- Leader of leaders with proven ability to draw the best from, develop, and coach, others
- Strategic thinker that can envision, effectively project manage, execute to a successful outcome, and monitor and evaluate from start to finish
- Problem-solver who can function successfully in ambiguity
- Team player, works well with others
- Clear, inspirational communicator across all communication modes that adjusts quickly and effectively to multiple audiences
- Goal-oriented self-starter with strong work ethic
- Proven track record of leading NextGen ministries as church staff with 6+ years of ministry experience
- Accomplished history of partnering with parents to lead their children and students to become growing disciples preferred
- Having worked in ministry at a multi-site church a plus
Live out Staff Values
1) Stay connected with God by His spirit throughout the day; engages in regular spiritual practices to maintain that connection and grow in relationship with God.
2) Focuses on serving both the internal and external Church Body with excellence.
3) Works at a pace that is life giving; prioritizes and organizes tasks and work schedule in order to achieve a healthy work/life balance.
4) Participating in and doing life with authentic community; has people in their life that consistently hold them accountable.
5) Demonstrates unwavering ethics, and respect and consideration for individuals.
6) Works to create an environment characterized by trust and openness, quality and professionalism, honesty and reliability.
7) Shows initiative by looking for ways to do the job better/more efficiently and contributes to process improvement; demonstrates an openness to change and trying new ideas with flexibility and a focus on the staff and church body as a whole.
8) As part of their lifestyle, building into the lives of 3-12 people, empowering them to become future disciples and leaders.
Job Title: NextGen Pastor – Gateway North
Reports to: Lead Pastor – Gateway North
Positions Supervised: Staff, Volunteer Leaders
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Benefits: Full Benefit Offerings
Click the APPLICATION button at gatewaychurch.com/employment to apply.
About Gateway Church
Gateway Church in beautiful Austin, Texas, has three location across town and is a highly diverse culture, reaching people far from God. Our staff gets to be a part of an amazing movement making a difference in the city and around the globe, living out our
values of Come As You Are, Live Connected, Be Transformed and Change Your World. If you’re a fan of ACL, SXSW, year-round sunshine, great Tex-Mex and not ever wearing a tie again, then you get us. We are a church where no perfect people are allowed and we’ve
worked hard to create a non-threatening, culturally relevant environment that welcomes anyone and everyone who seek out the claims of Christ. For more information about who we are, head to www.gatewaychurch.com where you can experience our services live streamed,
listen to podcasts, learn about our staff and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants are
best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Note: Gateway does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal and current agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from
an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Gateway will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.