Mona Shores Baptist Church is located on the beautiful coast of Lake Michigan in Norton Shores. This historic church was started during the Great Depression with a vision of bringing hope of Jesus a hurting world. Today Mona Shores is a church of 200 with an attractive, debt free building that includes a gym used to reach out to their community. In order to fulfill Jesus mandate of ‘making disciples’ Mona Shores seeks to WIN people to Christ, TRAIN believers to become disciples, and SEND disciples to impact the world. This church is poised spiritually, financially and strategically to expand its impact on the thousands of young families surrounding their church.
We are looking for an experienced Pastor (Senior or Associate) with a vision for, and experience in, reaching people far from God in a suburban Midwest setting. He will be a strategic leader with the ability to inspire others to chase God and have kingdom impact.
- Leadership and Vision
- A strategic, motivational, and operational leader
- A persuasive coach and team builder
- A lifestyle of relational evangelism, and experience in encouraging and equipping others for effective community outreach.
- Able to lead in a way that earns the trust and support of the congregation, and builds consensus to navigate change.
- An energetic, proactive, problem solver, coach, and team builder
- One who organizes, energizes, and empowers board, volunteer staff, and ministry leaders to implement our shared vision.
- Proven ability to overcome challenges and achieve goals
- Preach and Teach
- Preaching for life transformation by applying the truth of God’s Word to people’s felt needs and spiritual needs in culturally relevant language
- The style should be informal, inspirational, positive, and encouraging, with both practical application and personal challenge
- Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and His church
- Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples in accordance with the great commission
- Model attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles and demonstrate consistent spiritual growth
- Personal Qualities
- The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A strong grace orientation and proven character of discernment, humility, compassion, authenticity, and self discipline
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- Professional Qualities
- Minimum of 5 years as a Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Family or Adult Pastor experience in a suburban Midwest church
- Master’s degree in a ministry field (MDiv preferred)
- Should be 4 point Calvinist, premill and pretrib in theology, and open to young earth
- Must agree with, and be energized by, our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, and be willing to affiliate with Converge MidAmerica and Worldwide.
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org
Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Senior PastorCollege Baptist Church
- Hillsdale, Michigan
- November 30
Executive Pastor (767613)The Shepherd's Staff
- US Mid Atlantic, Virginia
- November 29
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...