Please read our constitution before applying:
Do not apply if you have no experience leading music.
Cascade Bible Church
Assistant Pastor Ministry Posting
Cascade Bible Church (CBC) located in La Pine, Oregon is seeking to hire a
full-time Assistant Pastor (AP) to lead our music ministry and to lead our young marrieds and young singles to become disciples with a heart for God. The AP will lead singing during our Sunday morning congregation songs. He will lead our worship team in music practice. He will lead Bible studies for young marrieds/young singles - those who are basically in their 20's and 30's. Therefore, we prefer that our AP be married. We are not requiring him to work with High School or Jr. High ages, but he may create a ministry in that area if he desires.
The Assistant Pastor must be willing to commit to serve at Cascade Bible Church for at least one year. This commitment may be broken if CBC leaders unanimously agree with the Assistant Pastor that unexpected and/or unavoidable circumstances have occurred. We are praying and will continue to pray that the AP desires a long-term ministry.
CBC began in homes in 1990, where we have continued to grow through the years. God has richly provided for our needs and we now fellowship in this facility on the corner of Burgess Road and Pine Drive. CBC is an independent, non-denominational assembly of believers who choose to closely follow our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Purpose is to do all to the glory of God. We seek to unite true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ through the day to day practice of worship, instruction and fellowship that results in a loving outreach with the gospel to the lost. Thus we are striving to...
(1) Exalt the Lord - To do all in order to glorify God (1 Corin.10:31).
(2) Equip the saints - To do everything in order to edify believers (1 Corin.14:26).
(3) Evangelize the lost - To do all we can in order to save some (1 Corin.9:19-23).
We have no formal membership or congregational voting, but we are made up of those believers who regularly fellowship with and participate in the activities of this Church. We follow the Lord Jesus Christ who has instructed local churches to be led by elders. Elders (overseers) are appointed to their positions based on the character qualities that are found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
La Pine is a rural community located in southern Deschutes County in Central Oregon near the Newberry Volcanic National Monument. At 4,235 feet, summers are warm and welcoming with abundant summer recreational activities with winter on the cooler side making La Pine a winter wonderland for all types of snow-related activities.
Interested Candidates should send their resume with a cover letter to Cascade Bible Church, PO Box 580 La Pine, OR 97739 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Assistant Pastor's Ministry Description*
Cascade Bible Church - July 2016
PURPOSE: To bring believers to maturity.
God gave pastor/teachers "for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ." (Ephesians 4:11-13; see Acts 20:17-38; Colossians 1:28; 2 Timothy 2:2). Proclaiming and protecting the truth of Scripture, the A.P. will be depended upon to accurately teach God's Word and then live it out as an example to the flock. He will need to plan and carry out weekly studies - such as, Sunday school, a small group ministry in a home and one on one discipleship.
(1) Doctrine: The Assistant Pastor (AP), like all leaders at Cascade Bible Church (CBC), must be in complete agreement with the CBC doctrinal statement in order to serve as a leader in this church, and must continue to be in agreement with this statement while he is on staff or in leadership at CBC.
(2) Constitution: The Assistant Pastor, like all leaders at CBC, must fully agree with and cooperate with the Constitution of CBC in order to serve as a leader in this church, and must continue to be in agreement with the Constitution, while he is on staff or in leadership at CBC.
(3) Leadership: The Assistant Pastor, will serve as a leader within CBC, but cannot become an elder until he has first served as AP for at least one year, and then meet the qualifications for all elders as described in God's Word & the CBC Constitution.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To serve believers for God's glory.
(1) To "preach the Word" (2 Timothy 4:2), teaching, exhorting and refuting those who contradict (1 Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:9-11). At times the AP will present the sermon on Sunday mornings. He will be encouraged to spend at least five hours a week pursuing personal Bible training.
(2) To "shepherd the flock of God" (1 Peter 5:2), watching over each believer in the assembly (Hebrews 13:17), and giving leadership (1 Timothy 3:4-5; Titus 1:6).
(3) To "be an example to the flock" (1 Peter 5:3), consistently modeling Christlike maturity before all men, especially believers (1 Timothy 4:11-12).
(4) To "take care of the church of God" (1 Timothy 3:5), assisting the senior pastor and showing good management in the day to day activities of the church.
(5) To pray for the church - "the effective prayer of a righteous man" (James 5:14-15), "being devoted" (Col. 4:2) and doing so "without ceasing" (1 Thess. 5:17).
SPECIFICS: To focus on music and the young marrieds/young singles.
(1) Priority - He must be qualified to oversee all aspects of the music ministry of Cascade Bible Church, as well as the ministry to young marrieds and singles.
The AP will be overseeing Sunday morning’s congregational songs, special music, special songs, music practices, Christmas Eve Service and Camp-In. Any special concerts, Christmas/Easter musicals and/or choirs will be extra activities needing to be planned and carried out as singers, helpers as time allows.
(2) Scripture - He must teach and honor God's Word through the music ministry and in all messages, from one on one counseling, to Bible studies & periodic sermons.
(3) Prayer - He must faithfully appeal to God for the various needs of believers, spending regular time praying for growth, guidance, protection & fellowship.
(4) Leadership - He must provide Biblical truth, vision, oversight, and guidance to the ministry of music and young marrieds/singles at Cascade Bible Church.
(5) Example - He must live a consistent Christian life as a mature believer. Showing Christlikeness through character and integrity, faithfully following Jesus Christ.
(6) Shepherding - He must lovingly care for the personal needs of all believers who are involved in the music ministry and ministry to young marrieds/singles.
(7) Evangelizing - He must personally share the life giving gospel of Jesus Christ, seeking to reach the lost and bring believers to maturity (using Scripture and music).
CBC is committing to pay a $2,400 monthly salary, for a total of $28,800 a year, as a starting pay. CBC will provide a house on the church property for the AP to live in rent free. Our “mission house” has three bedrooms, living room, kitchen/dining room, and one bathroom. The house is presently part of the total compensation package as long as the A.P. desires. If he and his family decide to purchase their own home, then the church leadership will work out a plan that will appropriately compensate them financially to replace their housing (approx. $800 per month). CBC will provide health insurance (approx $700 per month), electricity ($100 per month), heating oil ($25 per month), garbage service (approx $25 per month), and CBC will provide basic upkeep of the missions house. After the initial year of employment, the salary plus benefits will have totaled approximately $48,600. The AP will start with two weeks of vacation a year and benefits will be reviewed yearly. His weekly schedule will be flexible & determined by the requirements of the ministry.
“Not that we are adequate in ourselves
to consider anything as coming from ourselves,
but our adequacy is from God,
who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant...”
2 Corinthians 3:5-6
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17