TITLE: Kid City Director
REPORTS TO: Campus Pastor
EXEMPT (X) NON-EXEMPT ( )
This position furthers the spiritual mission of Harvest Christian Fellowship.
The Kid City Director’s main objective is to strengthen the leadership of and participation in Harvest’s children’s ministry*, especially that of a specific campus. Individuals serving in this position are meant to assist in growing the church by teaching and ministering to every child that walks in the doors of Harvest. The Kid City Director works directly under the Campus Pastor and remains accountable to him in all areas of performance. The Kid City Director is fully responsible for leading, managing, and overseeing the children’s ministry of his or her campus. Fulfilling this responsibility includes duties related to vision, volunteer leadership, and effective teaching. The Kid City Director is responsible for maintaining a strong vision for Harvest’s children’s ministry that is in agreement with the Campus Pastor and Harvest as a whole. The Kid City Director is also responsible for recruiting, training, coordinating, retaining, and leading volunteer leaders to serve in the children’s ministry. And, finally, the Kid City Director is responsible for overseeing the transmission of biblical values using approved curriculum.
This position requires well-developed leadership ability, an active and growing relationship with God, and a genuine care for the parents and children of the community. The Kid City Director must also listen well and communicate effectively with people of all ages. Harvest requires that applicants for this position have a minimum of five years of experience in a position related to child developments or similar ministry area, as well as a bachelor’s degree.
*Currently, Harvest’s children's ministry is called Kid City and includes children from birth to 5th grade.
The Kid City Director, in the fulfillment of his or her role, is expected to:
- Maintain strong vision for Kid City;
- Communicate regularly with the Campus Pastor for the mutual transmission of such vision;
- Implement systems and best practices that help accomplish the vision and can be duplicated and/or evaluated;
- Use approved curriculum to effectively transmit biblical values;
- Identify, recruit, train, and empower volunteer leaders;
- Ensure proper staffing and resources are made available to all age groups;
- Offer care and encouragement to Kid City staff and volunteers;
- Maintain strategies for reaching and assimilating new children and families;
- Plan, organize, and collaborate with the Kid City Directors of other campuses as required;
- Solve problems using available resources;
- Serve as a classroom facilitator or instructor when necessary;
- Demonstrate creativity in using curriculum, resources, and people; and
- Bring a sense of confidence, peace, and joy to Kid City.
In order to ensure the ability to effectively lead the children’s ministry of a campus, Harvest requires applicants to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Child Development or Elementary Education;
- A preferred minimum of three years in a position related to child development or another similar ministry area;
- A preferred minimum of two years of experience managing projects, programs, and/or extensive teams;
- A documented track record of successful recruiting, equipping, and training of volunteers;
- Demonstrable leadership experience and team-building skills;
- Demonstrable high level of ability in organizational systems management;
- The ability to function independently;
- Experience managing personnel and developing thriving teams; and
- Basic life support certification.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Elementary Program LeaderCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- December 2
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Assiant to Children/Student PastorPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Harvest Christian Fellowship
Harvest Christian Fellowship, a nondenominational church, is a multi-site organization with an average weekly attendance of over 2,000 in West Texas. Founded 28 years ago, Harvest Christian Fellowship has grown from a few families meeting in a living room to 3 campuses across the I27 corridor. HCF is a life-giving, Bible-preaching, Christ-manifesting, Spirit-filled church excited about its future. For more information about Harvest Christian Fellowship, visit www.harvestchristianfellowship.org