Job Responsibilities for:
Pastor to Kids
@ Miami Vineyard Community Church
Position: Pastor to Kids
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Purpose: We are looking for someone with proven experience leading multi-cultural kids ministry in a large church setting (300-500 kids ages 0-5th grade). Our heart for this position is to see strong leadership over an amazing team of students and adults who will passionately reach kids (and their parents) with Jesus’ love and then encourage and equip them in that love to live as missionaries in their homes, schools, with their friends and in their neighborhoods.
Salary: Based on education and experience.
- A vital Christian walk…a person who lives on the cutting edge of spiritual life.
- Spiritual maturity that is easily recognizable through love of people, service to others, an active prayer life and a strong knowledge of the Bible.
- A strong and sustained call to Kids Ministry with gifting in the areas of pastor/teacher and overseer.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- A demonstrated history of healthy ministry in larger (100 plus) kids programs.
- A person who can creatively design and implement programs without step-by-step oversight.
- Required spiritual gifts of leadership and teaching.
- Preferred spiritual gifts of administration and outreach.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, equip, and empower LEAD interns for focused Kids Ministry.
- Recruit, direct and equip/train volunteers, interns, and staff for Kids Ministry while making sure that programs are in line with overall vision of Miami Vineyard Kids.
- Oversee Adventure Zone and Discovery Zone staff and volunteer teams.
- Communicate and impart these strategies and programs to staff, volunteers, kids and parents.
- Work with equipped leadership team to replicate healthy ministry models.
- Develop annual ministry goals and participate in an on-going team development.
- Give key leadership to the planning and implementation of Miami Vineyard Kids outreach ministry.
- Take regular times of solitude for personal and spiritual formation.
- Serve on the leadership team.
Administration & Planning
- Work with administrative staff and intern team to communicate all aspects of the Kids Ministry to volunteer team, students, parents and the church community in a timely manner.
- Manage Kids Ministry team by meeting regularly with them for training and development.
- Develop and maintain teams in each of the following areas:
- Weekend worship gatherings
- Special Events (strategic to accomplish the priorities of Miami Vineyard Kids)
- Kids Ministry Training/Leadership development / Mission Projects/kindness outreach.
- Work with Executive Pastor and administrative team on budget planning, management, and assessment.
- Coordinate ministry goal with Miami Vineyard vision and objectives.
- Adhere to all church policies and procedures and ensure that volunteers are in compliance with guidelines for ministry.
Teaching & Training
- Recruit, develop, and empower LEAD team of interns for ministry.
- Recruit and equip student ministry team for leadership working with Pastor to Students.
- Be available as a resource to the Kids Ministry volunteer team members.
- Teach consistently at ministry level (Weekend worship gatherings, etc) as well as develop a teaching team.
- Participate in local, regional, and national trainings.
- Provide care and discipleship to Kids Ministry staff and volunteers, kids and their families.
- Perform ministerial skills such as follow-up, visitation, assimilation and counseling for kids and their families.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor/Director of Children's MinistryOtterbein Church Inc.
- Waynesboro , Pennsylvania
- October 25
New Hope Kids Campus/Site DirectorNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Miami Vineyard Community Church
For more than 25 years, Miami Vineyard Community Church has been a place where everyone is welcome, where God shows up, and where lives are changed. We are a multi-cultural church family focused on loving ALL people into a growing relationship with Jesus. More...