Berkley First: A United Methodist Church
2820 12 Mile Road · Berkley, MI · 48072 · 734-272-5667
Job Title: Worship Leader
Position Type: Part-Time, 20 hours per week
Compensation: approx. $20,000
Birmingham First United Methodist Church is going mutlisite and planting a second campus - Berkley First. We're looking to hire a Worship Leader to help launch this new worshiping community. Berkley First plans on having six "preview" services in the fall of 2016 and launching regular weekly worship on January 8, 2017.
Role: To draw people into a deeper relationship with God and one another, through the development, training, and equipping of a worship team and the creation and implementation of experiential worship events.
- Recruit, equip, and encourage instrumentalists, vocalists, and other artists on the worship team.
- Select music, plan services, and create God-honoring and contextually relevant worship experiences in consultation with the Campus Pastor.
- Practice weekly with the worship team.
- Collaborate with the Campus Pastor and staff in planning special events.
- Seek opportunities to partner with Birmingham First UMC and the wider Berkley community.
- A passion for guiding people of different ages and backgrounds into a deeper relationship with God and one another through worship.
- Proficiency with piano and/or guitar.
- Proficient computer skills. Experience with the CCLI database is a plus.
- The ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- A self-starter who is visionary, driven, flexible, able to deal with change and personally invested in the success of the Berkley campus.
- A proven record of rallying people together around a common mission or goal.
Our core values are grounded in God’s unconditional love. Everything we do represents our Christ-centered response to God’s grace. We strive to:
We have an invitational spirit. We open our hearts, minds and doors, to all with warmth and sincerity. We seek diversity, respect variety in experience, and promote independence of thought.
There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28
Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. Romans 15:7
Put Love Into Action
We are deeply committed to helping those in need locally, nationally and globally. We serve others in the name of Christ through generous sharing of who we are and what we have.
For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me… Matthew 25:35
Honor God Through Excellence
We proclaim the presence and power of God through worship, music and programs that inspire, enlighten and transform. Our wealth of resources, talents and skills are given humbly in God’s service.
From everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required; and from the one to whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded. Luke 12:48
Honor the Lord with your substance and with the first fruits of all your produce.
Embrace Bold Vision
We have the courage to act on God’s leading. We welcome new challenges which cause us to stretch and grow.
Where there is no vision, there people perish. Proverbs 29:18
Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. I Corinthians 16:14
Encourage Lifelong Spiritual Growth
We provide many avenues for spiritual formation for all ages through practical application of scripture and wisdom for daily living. We invest in our children and youth, as they are our future.
Train children in the right way, and when old, they will not stray. Proverbs 22:6
Get wisdom; get insight: do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. Proverbs 4:5
Support One Another
We nurture genuine, caring relationships within our faith community. We respond with love to one another’s needs.
…with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love… Ephesians 4:2
So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith. Galatians 6:10
For more information, or to set up a time for conversation, contact Pastor Zack Dunlap at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
Director of Music MinistryLiving Christ Lutheran Church
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- September 23
The Director of MusicFirst Baptist Church
- Staunton, Virginia
- September 22
Contemporary Worship LeaderTrinity Presbyterian Church
- Southlake, Texas
- September 21