Alpharetta First United Methodist Church is seeking a creative, graphic designer/writer/desktop publisher for a full-time (40 hours/week) Communications Assistant position. The Communications Assistant will report to the Communications Manager and work with
other key staff and lay leaders to market church ministries, programs and worship opportunities to the church family and community. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, a sharp eye for detail, and the ability to manage
multiple competing priorities. Responsibilities include producing worship bulletins and other printed marketing materials; weekly website updates; assisting with multimedia presentations and digital signage; and other duties as required. Work is fast paced
and deadline driven.
The qualified candidate should possess:
- A solid commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Professional level skill with desktop publishing and design software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creative communications and writing.
- Experience with website management, specifically WordPress, and social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working with a wide range of individuals and groups. Energetic, flexible and team-player spirit.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
The candidate must have an associate’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design or other related field, and two year’s related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please note: This is not an IT or audio/video position.
The selected individual will be expected to begin employment by August 29, 2016.
Résumé and salary requirements should be submitted by August 3 to René Watson, Minister of Administration, via e-mail to email@example.com; by mail to Alpharetta First United Methodist Church, Attn. René Watson, 69 North
Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30004; or by fax to (770) 521-8787.