POSITION SUMMARY: Working under minimal supervision, provide primary leadership for the Genesis (6th-8th grade) Ministry to carry out the mission of Heartland Community Church to the middle school demographic. Teach,
lead and develop students, parents and volunteers. Recruit adult volunteers to serve in their areas of giftedness. Prepare and present teachings for Genesis and other experiences, as assigned. Work on routine to mostly complex functions.
- Provide overall leadership for the direction and growth of the Genesis Ministry.
- Delegate and clearly communicate ministry, event, activity, and programming duties to appropriate staff members (Student Ministries Community Leader, Student Ministries Associate, and Assistant to Student Ministries) and volunteers, as needed, to ensure
a high level of excellence in ministry execution.
- Lead, provide content, direct, delegate and actively participate in all Genesis meetings, ensuring steps from the meetings are implemented and/or completed. Also provide leadership in all other Student Ministries meetings, as directed by the Director of
- In coordination with the Student Ministries Team, live out the mission of Heartland Community Church by planning and executing all events and programming for Genesis – carefully ensuring that they are fun, engaging, safe, age-level appropriate, and relevant.
Events and programming may include, but are not limited to: weekly services, retreats, camps, and other trips or events.
- Prepare and present teachings for Genesis and other experiences, as assigned by the Director of Student Ministries or other ministry leaders.
- Oversee the spiritual and organizational care and development of all volunteer leaders within the Genesis Ministry. Work with other team members and volunteers to ensure that all leaders are actively pursuing Christ and growing in their discipleship and
- Collaboratively with the Student Ministries team, recruit and develop adult volunteers to serve in their areas of giftedness in order to advance the mission of Genesis.
- Manage and make changes, as needed, to the volunteer recruitment process in order to obtain the desired ratio of leader to students.
- Build and lead volunteer teams to assist in ministry programming, events and activities by personally inviting volunteers to serve in the ministry.
- Execute an effective communication strategy to ensure a high level of engagement with and awareness of Genesis events, services, and activities.
- Provide regular status reports of the ministry to Director of Student Ministries for review, highlighting accomplishments, major occurrences and issues. Make recommendations for changes, continued development of the ministry or improvements to supervisor.
- Create an environment where emerging leaders are identified, developed and engaged into significant serving roles. In addition, identify and personally invest in core students to guide, counsel, and inspire deeper commitment to Christ and the ministry
and live their lives according to Biblical principles.
- Create and encourage opportunities for students to live for others through serving.
- Provide pastoral and leadership support to Delta as directed by the Director of Student Ministries. This may include, but is not limited to, teaching, events and services and Delta meetings.
- Provide support to Heartland-wide initiatives and other ministries as directed by the Director of Student Ministries or other ministry leaders.
- Develop and maintain a budget in collaboration with the Director of Student Ministries.
- Adhere to the Heartland Community Church Commissioning Policy regarding all pastoral qualifications and services.
- Function as a commissioned minister of the gospel. Minister status at Heartland affects three areas for the commissioned pastor: (1) social security contribution/self-employment designation, (2) job role expectations (mandated reporter status, pastor on
call team, sacerdotal duties) and (3) housing allowance benefit.
- Be available to students, parents and volunteers to provide pastoral care, as needed or as assigned.
- Understand that as an employee, I am accountable to the Elders.
- Commit to the Matthew 18 relational conflict resolution process in all relationships.
- Fulfill all the requirements of the Heartland Community Church Employee Handbook.
- Follower of Jesus Christ; growing, yet mature follower of Christ called to vocational ministry.
- Demonstrated effective teaching, leading and development of students and adults.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively under the pressure of time constraints.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in student ministries.
- Ministry experience in a church setting of 2,000+ preferred.
**The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.