The Controller is responsible to direct and oversee the general accounting and financial management of the church. These include Purchasing and Credit; Revenue and Cash Operations, Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounting, Budgeting and Forecasting; Financial
Analysis, Reporting, Regulatory and Audit process. This position reports to the Executive Director of Operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Maintain sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations; recommends and initiates corrective actions for variances.
- Manage banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms
- Develop and oversee accomplishment of purchasing and credit activities that
- Establish adequate accounting controls and procedures to ensure financial records are accurate and complete, potential for fraud is minimized, errors are detected and corrected during normal activities, and US GAAP is adhered.
- Perform and direct month-end closing activities.
- Prepare and issue timely financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and supported by account analyses and reconciliations.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate ministry ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary.
- Calculate variances from the approved budget, report significant issues to Directors, and recommend corrections.
- Coordinate all work related to audits and implements recommended resolutions to audit findings.
- Maintain compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business administration
- Experience Requirements: 5+ years as a corporate Controller or in a comparable position in a division of a major organization. Non-profit or religious experience strongly preferred
- License and/or Certification Requirements: CPA with an active license