Please apply here: http://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/bridges-community-church-mandarin-pastor
Bridges Community Church (BCC) is an amazingly diverse community of people committed to following Jesus and helping others follow Him as well. Motivated by a longing to make a real difference in their surrounding communities and the world, the believers
of Bridges seek to connect people to God through Jesus in authentic, healthy relationships.
Bridges celebrates its largely diverse body of believers by conducting church services in 6 languages. In addition to English worship services, the church has Mandarin, Filipino, Indian and Deaf fellowships and small groups for Cantonese and Korean speakers
as well. These language services address the tip of the iceberg of languages spoken in the city of Fremont, California, where the church located. It is the desire of BCC, to keep expanding its reach to connect more people in their native languages, to the
living God. This priority has made BCC’s English services very multi-cultural and multi-ethnic.
Bridges Community Church seeks a Pastor to its Mandarin Congregation (100 - 125 adults each Sunday), many of whom are first-generation Chinese-Americans from overseas. Presently, there are over 38,000 Chinese in Fremont (17.8% of the total population), while
this figure has increased by approximately 9,000 since the year 2000. The Mandarin service of the church is poised for growth, in which the Mandarin congregation is anticipated to play a key role in expanding God’s kingdom among the Chinese people in and around
the city of Fremont.
They are a growing congregation and seek staff who desire to use their talents and skills to help build the Kingdom of God. With this understanding, BCC seeks a Christ-follower who is ideally first or second generation Asian-American, to lead its Mandarin
Fellowship. The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in a relevant field is required, although a Master of Divinity degree is highly preferred.
The scope of experience and skills for this position will include the following:
- Possess a leadership scope that can comfortably work around a multi-staff, multi-cultural, and multi-faceted environment.
- Solid biblical and theological training, with a strong background in Bible teaching.
- Experience in Chinese-American church pastoral ministry.
- An aptitude for both leadership and administration.
- Bi-lingual, with fluency in both Mandarin-Chinese and English, with fluency in verbal and written capacities.
- Seamlessly ‘fit’ and ‘meet’ the linguistic parameters and cultural dynamics of BCC.
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A strong and organized administrator with an uncompromising spiritual maturity and ethnical character at the core of their work ethic.
- Proven success and an appreciation for cross-cultural ministry, Asian subcontinents in particular, will be a significant plus.
Located on the southeast side of the San Francisco Bay, Fremont is a city of over 220,000 people with an area of 90-square miles. As California's 15th largest city and the fourth largest city in the San Francisco Bay Area, Fremont's Silicon Valley location
is the ideal setting for any home or business. Fremont is one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse cities in the Bay Area. Residents are attracted to Fremont for its nationally recognized high-ranking public schools, its numerous well-kept parks,
and a variety of recreational amenities, including Lake Elizabeth, Central Park, and Mission San José (California's 14th mission). A wonderful community to live, work, and play, Fremont has earned many awards and accolades over the years. Its recent recognitions
include the following, among others:
- #17 Best City in the U.S. to Find a Job (2016, WalletHub)
- #10 Greenest City in America (2015, WalletHub)
- One of Top 100 Best Places to Live (2015, WalletHub)
- #3 Safest City in the U.S. (2015, Movoto)
- Top 10 City with the Highest Quality of Life (2014, Nerdwallet)