The Children’s Minister will provide leadership, vision, and direction to the Children’s Ministry at Cornerstone Christian Church with an emphasis on developing vibrant and sustainable discipleship environments for children from birth through fifth grade.
• Have a relationship with Christ that is evident by a daily walk and displays a life of character, spiritual maturity and wisdom, setting an example for staff, congregants, and the communities we serve.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and leadership ability, leading by example in recruiting and developing
effective leaders and volunteers for the work of ministry and building up the body of Christ.
• Think creatively and strategically in the areas of Children’s Ministry and Family Ministry
• Be fully aligned with the message, mission, values and strategy of Cornerstone Christian Church.
• Be a self-starter who completes work in a timely manner and with a spirit of excellence.
As stated above, the primary role of the Children’s Minister is to provide leadership, vision, and direction in the development of vibrant and sustainable discipleship environments for children from birth through f ifth grade. The Children’s Minister will
manage the church-wide direction of Cornerstone Kids.
The successful candidate must be one who has demonstrated a minimum of three years of development and administrative oversight with a proven track record of growing and launching ministry during that time. The candidate will have had experience working
as an effective leader of ministry teams with the responsibility of providing vision for volunteers, which will include developing and equipping leaders. In addition, the candidate will have the ability to develop a creative and attractive children’s ministry
that includes a focus on family-based discipleship.
Being a team player is a key component to success in this role. The successful candidate will work closely with the Family Ministry Team to design and implement a strategic plan for the Children’s Ministry. He or she will show effectiveness in working
in a multi-staff setting and have regular collaboration with the Family Minister to ensure that the developing ministry programs ref lect and reinforce Cornerstone’s Family Ministry strategy.