This ministry is a salaried position of 40 hours per week with responsibility for managing Harvest communications, which include print, digital and video components. The Manager will be a self-motivated, energetic person with a heart for Jesus Christ and
a deep commitment to communicate the mission and ministry of Harvest with the congregation and the surrounding community. This person will possess passion for reaching people through various communications media. This person will also possess exceptional creativity,
storytelling ability, strategic thinking, and organizational skills.
Primary responsibilities of the Communications Manager will include:
- Listening to our community of faith and our local community to ensure consistent message and content are shared with both
- Evaluating periodically the design and content of all Harvest media
- Planning, producing, and managing the creation of excellent multi-channel content
- Designing print collateral including worship bulletin, monthly newsletter, event publicity, direct mail, ads and special pieces
- Creating graphics for print, digital, and worship media
- Maintaining a Harvest communications playbook for use in equipping Harvest staff, leaders, and volunteer servants regarding best practices
- Developing relationships with and communicating to area media to facilitate coverage of Harvest and its ministries
- Guiding a contractor in the production of all digital video elements to communicate ministry impact and opportunity
- Gathering and/or composing content for use in various print and digital formats
- Designing, editing, and publishing the weekly Harvest e-news
- Creating and implementing a social media strategy
- Managing the Harvest website and basic use of HTML and CSS
- Overseeing live streaming of worship services of the Lakewood Ranch campus
- Leading other communications initiatives as needed
Other responsibilities include
- participating in Full Staff, Worship Design, and weekly Communications Team meetings.
- serving as an active and committed member of Harvest United Methodist Church.
This person relates directly to the Director of Operations.
Visit www.welcometoharvest.org to learn more about Harvest. Submit letter of interest, resume and portfolio to Mike Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.