The Preschool Minister is responsible for leading and managing the Preschool Ministry (birth - 5yrs) at Magnolia’s First Baptist Church. He/she develops, implements, and promotes a comprehensive Ministry Program for preschoolers and their parents in order
to achieve the mission of M1BC. This position will assist in partnering with parents in the spiritual development of their children. An emphasis will be to create a place where children can have fun and grow in the Lord at the same time.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role with a vision for ministry.
- Administrative skills to organize projects and lead people.
- A love for children driven from a deeper love for God and fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Experience in working with preschoolers and their parents to foster an environment spiritual growth.
- A degree from an accredited college, university, or seminary, preferably in a related discipline.
- Experience or training in Preschool and/or Children’s Ministry Leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a well-rounded Preschool Ministry that supports the Vision, Mission and Strategy of M1BC.
- Recruit, equip, and lead paid and volunteer staff to meet the needs of a growing Preschool Ministry.
- Lead the “Kingdom Critters Klub,” a mother’s day out program on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Provide consistent and effective communication to staff and volunteers.
- Continually assess the space needs for continuing growth of Preschool Ministry.
- Work contacts related to parents and volunteers.
- Attend seminars or workshops for continuing education in Preschool Ministry.
- Maintain preschool rooms; making sure that the proper equipment and cleanliness is maintained.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Plan special events that will draw new families with preschoolers to Magnolia’s First.
- Plan and oversee childcare for church-wide programs.
- Develop and implement security procedures as needed for the safety of all preschoolers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor and/or Senior Pastor.
- Acceptance of the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
- Alignment with Magnolia First’s Mission, Core Values, and Beliefs. (www.magnoliasfirst.org)
- Seeking to live a godly life consistent with the standards for Pastors and Deacons. (1 Tim 3:1-13)