The Early Childhood Ministry Director is responsible for all aspects of establishing and operating an Early Childhood Ministry program for ages 6 weeks through 5 years old. This includes leading a team of volunteers, staff recruitment, curriculum development,
classroom management, and staff development.
- Lead a team of teachers and other volunteers in the operation of Crossroads Early Childhood Ministry program, including day-to-day operation and routine special events.
- Recruit and train teachers and other volunteers as needed to safely staff both preschool and nursery classrooms for all ministry days including special events as assigned.
- Function as the primary contact person for parents/guardians of students attending Crossroads Early Childhood Ministry services. Work to extend a warm and welcoming environment for new families and students visiting Crossroads.
- Maintain nursery rooms. Responsible for all supplies, equipment and curriculum materials being in the right place at the right time so that all leaders are equipped and prepared to do great ministry.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for Nursery Classrooms that is fun, educational and appropriate for a Christian Nursery Environment. Additionally, assist the Preschool Coordinator in preparing curriculum for the Preschool Classrooms.
- Plan and prepare creative and age appropriate supplemental materials such as crafts and activities for Nursery students weekly.
- Implement classroom management practices and ensure a safe, secure and orderly classroom environment is maintained at all times.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate and develop Early Childhood Ministry team ensuring a loving, nurturing and God centered culture is developed and fostered and that classroom management practices are continuously improved.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of Early childhood Ministry facilities and equipment.
- Manage and purchase all supplies needed for the Early childhood Ministry department on a monthly basis.
- Develop an annual budget for the Nursery department ensuring ministry needs are met and good stewardship of resources is exercised.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a leader in a children’s education capacity.
- Must be a strong leader with a solid work ethic.
- Must possess a passion for teaching children.
- Must have the ability to function as an administrator.
- Must have a working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Desired:
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written
- Ability to recruit volunteers
- Able to perform basic computer functions, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet research and Fellowship One database Management system.
- Ability to plan and organize and execute
- Ability to organize and manage large groups of volunteer staff
- Skilled at casting vision