Sound like you?
- You’re interested in reaching one of America’s largest cities—and you’re bold enough to ask God to make you dangerous doing it. Maybe you need to jump into the CENTER of San Diego.
- You believe the Light of the World should always walk toward the biggest darkness it can find and fire up the flood lights. Maybe you’re on your way to the CENTER of San Diego.
- You love sun, ceviche, 75 and fair and the sounds of America’s Finest Downtown. Sounds an awful lot like the CENTER of San Diego.
- You’re passionate about doing something big for God, yet committed to becoming smaller so Jesus gets all the credit. Maybe God is calling you to the CENTER of San Diego.
What’s our deal?
“Christ at the CENTER of me. Me at the CENTER of His City.”
That’s our mission. That’s our jam: Jesus as our number one priority. And then we walk out our mission for Him where we live and work and play—right in the center of downtown San Diego.
We like our music good, loud and glorifying to God (but not in that order). And right now, we’re looking for a Worship Pastor to join our leadership team.
Here’s some detail:
The Worship Pastor at Center Church will:
- Work with the Lead Pastor to architect engaging worship experiences that catapult the Believer into passionate pursuit of Jesus and expose those investigating faith to the goodness of God.
- Inspire musicians, singers and media artists to consistently create environments that light the path for people far from God to experience Who He is and what He graciously gives.
- Create engaging, purpose-filled experiences for people of rich cultural and economic diversity in a growing, urban church.
- Execute unforgettable, “I-Can’t-Believe-They-Just-Did-That-In-Church” moments and events that impact the City, making the hope of Jesus impossible to ignore.
- Tell the God-stories strewn throughout Center Church with creative video skill—amplifying the impact of that message to as broad an audience as possible. And will develop and lead teams to tell those stories through social media and other visual channels.
The Worship Pastor at Center Church:
- Loves big: Your heart for the people Jesus died for trumps every other agenda. God is first, others second. And you come third.
- Talks like San Diego: You “get” Southern California culture. You probably speak Spanish. And you definitely communicate in a way that makes sense to people living in the ethnically, socio-economically diverse urban core of America’s Finest City.
- Exudes a Can-Do Attitude: Your attitude is positive, servant-motivated and contagious to others. We don’t do Eeyores. We have a word for poopy-pants attitudes. We just don’t use it in polite company.
- Inspires People: The way you tackle life makes people want to get off the bench and get in the game with you. And you believe you are made better when you help other people win.
- Dares Greatly: You pray not that God make you safe, but that He make you dangerous for Him. You play offense, not defense. You hustle hard, pray harder and if necessary, fail forward to see Jesus made famous through your effort.
- Doesn’t take themselves seriously: You’re not that big of a deal. And you’re willing to laugh about it just to prove the point. We’re just committed to laughter and lighthearted ribbing, and consider sarcasm to be the sixth love language.
- Takes God REALLY seriously: You’re all about Jesus and the on-going, heart-expanding, faith-stretching work He wants to do in you and through you to the people you come in contact with.
- Is the one you WANT on the tour bus: Let’s be honest: Doesn’t really matter how great a musician somebody is if they’re a pain in the butt on the bus. We dig musical, ministerial excellence, but at the end of the day, we want to enjoy the road trip while we’re at it.
The Worship Pastor at Center Church is responsible for:
- Oversight and development of Worship and Technical ministries to cultivate creative excellence in all aspects of Center Church services and large-format gatherings.
- Recruit volunteers to serve, involving as many people as possible, in as many various roles as possible--creating an ethos of ministry ownership across the board.
- Schedule volunteers for services via Planning Center software.
- Connect regularly with volunteer teams on the personal issues that matter most to them--to more effectively lead them and love them toward their next right step.
- Oversight of media development and execution (including church branding, testimony videos, podcast and other media tools to extend the ministry influence of Center Church as broadly as possible).
- Center Church Conferences Leadership, including marriage, parenting and finance and more.
- Growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus and faith-building friendships, modeling a passion for God and people.
- Loyalty and integrity.
- Personal inviter and bringer to Center Church.
- Lover and catalyzer of people toward their next right step.
- Team builder and leader developer--growing the church wider and deeper at the same time.
- People magnet, who is an intentional influencer.
- Problem solver who drives answers to key questions.
- Creative thinking, refining the excellence of what we present to guests with a hip vibe.
- A “Circle-Maker,” pursuing God’s dream with passionate prayer.
- Radiates Center Church ministry culture, helping other leaders to do the same.
What do you do now?
We want four things from you:
- Your resume (make sure you include your educational and vocational background, and how that background screams, “THIS IS MY GIG.”).
- Photo (Bonus points if you send us a link to your Facebook profile).
- Links to video of you leading worship in a live setting.
- The last song you downloaded on iTunes. (OK, we don’t actually care about number four. We just thought we’d creep your most recent playlist. We’re always snooping for good material.)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Worship LeaderThe Rock
- Bridgeport, Texas
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19