Cornerstone Christian Fellowship is a large bible-teaching church with three sites, the main location in Chandler, AZ and the multi-site locations in San Tan Valley, AZ and Scottsdale, AZ. Our mission is to Reach the Phoenix area for Christ and produce fully devoted followers of Christ. Our vision is To "do" church in a way that reflects the community and offers real answers to life, while remaining true to God's Word. In 1995, Pastor Linn Winters and his wife Lisa came to Chandler with two other couples to plant a church with three focus areas: Teach God’s Word in a way that is practicable and relevant, Worship authentically -- in a way that supersedes singing in church and becomes how we live our lives and to be a place where kids would want to come to church. Since 1995, the church has grown into 7000 member and attenders each week. With dozens of ministries focusing on specific needs of both the community and the body of believers at Cornerstone, we continue seeking to follow in the footsteps of Christ.
The Executive Pastor of Student Ministries provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s Student Ministries including 5th grade through college/young adult. They should develop vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the church’s ministry strategies and philosophy. This is a highly strategic leader that brings innovative ideas and solutions, and then can make the vision become reality.
They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing
to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
Lead Student Ministries Staff to make an impact.
- Oversee and lead the Directors and Pastors of all Student Ministries, including 5th/6th Grade, Jr. High, High School and College/Young Adults.
- Manage, invest in, develop and coach a paid staff team.
- Build consensus, symmetry, and integration, on and through a team.
Program and Ministry Development / Coordination
- Work directly with Senior Leadership to implement vision and strategies that move the church towards a desired future.
- Design clear course of action and implement steps with measurable goals that move the Student Ministry and Cornerstone towards making vision reality.
Teaching – May be asked to serve as the Teaching Pastor for different areas of ministry within the church.
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Three years experience in fulltime ministry, at least 2 years in a church larger than 2000 members.
- Experience leading Student Ministries, including 5th Grade through College
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped him/her for vocational ministry.
- Must possess these key spiritual gifts: Leadership, Administration and Teaching.
- Articulate in writing a philosophy of ministry and the strategy and steps that properly reflect that philosophy.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Self reliant with the ability and innovation to blaze new trails.
- Generates new ideas, gives direction and allows others to work the details.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
- Takes on multiple challenges assignments and succeeds.
- Assertive and motivated for successful ministry.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministries DirectorChrist Church of Orlando
- Orlando, Florida
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Rock Bridge Community Church - Executive PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
We are a contemporary church committed to bringing good news to those living in Chandler and its surrounding communities. We believe God's inerrant word gives the true direction in life that people so desperately need. Everlasting life is found only in the person of Jesus Christ through believing that He died and rose again to take away mankind's sin. He is our Cornerstone.More...