Position: Graphic Designer/Videographer (Full-time)
Reports to: Communications Director
- Communications Director
- Media Director
- Worship Pastor
- Video Director
McKinney Church is looking for a full time graphic designer and videographer with a desire to communicate compelling gospel messages and stories through visuals. This position will need to be able to learn quickly and adapt to a fast changing work environment and must have the ability to take direction and run with it.
The Vision: To develop Christ-centered people who make a difference, by helping them Connect with Christ, Transform in Community, and Engage their World.
- Think creatively to develop new design concepts, videos, and ideas from briefs and requests
- Create digital and print graphics for our various needs among our ministry areas
- Work with a wide range of media including photography, videography, and computer-aided design
- Be proactive and aware of events going on in the church to capture moments that may not have been assigned to you or previously planned on
- Proof and revise to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Work within the constraints of time to produce quality work by a given deadline
- Communicate with other staff members to determine their needs and what would best suit their request
- Format and modify existing graphics to fit various print pieces and screen sizes
- Work to tell compelling and inspirational stories through video mediums. These could include stories of life change (testimonies), baptisms, vision stories, announcements, sermon bumpers, video bible studies, and more.
- Film major events and activities of the church
- Storyboard your video ideas to present to the creative team
- Flexible & resourceful
- Self starter
- A people person
- Passionate about Graphics & Visuals that tell a story
- A leader
- Must have demonstrated competence in the following areas:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe After Effects
- Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premier
- Ability to edit video, color correct and grade footage, edit sound, and produce basic animations of graphics and other video (additional motion graphic experience is a plus but not required)
- Ability to shoot high quality video using DSLR cameras (Sony or Canon preferable)
- Ability to coach and draw out impactful stories from subjects as they tell their experiences for a video
Education and Experience
- Some college preferred but not required
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in photography is a plus
If you are interested please submit a resume and portfolio of your work to:
Jesse McCluskey at JMcCluskey@mckinneychurch.com
*Note we understand that your portfolio might not directly apply to the types of graphics and videos we are looking for in a church setting. Send what you have and we’ll take a look.
LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
McKinney Church (McKinney) is a non-denominational, externally-focused Bible church whose purpose is to “Develop Christ-Centered People Who Make a Difference” by helping them Connect with Christ, Transform in Community, and Engage their World.
McKinney emphasizes the practical relevance of the Bible for everyday life and for empowering and equipping its members to serve the world in Jesus’ name.
McKinney has experienced steady growth over the last 20 years, with significant growth in the number of families with young children over the last several years.
The main church facility sits on twenty acres of land and has recently completed its final expansion with a new student ministry space and chapel. The current worship facility was completed in 2003 and seats 1800 people. The church also worked with an environmental design firm and AVL contractor to update its existing facility in 2014/15.
McKinney is led by Lead Pastor Chris Freeland. Chris is a young, winsome leader whose communication, relational skills, and age have led to a strong sense of excitement and growth trend, particularly in younger families. He transitioned into the Lead Pastor role in March 2011 following an extremely successful intentional transition from a senior pastor of 27 years.
The church has a distinctive philosophy of ministry that is committed to maintaining the tension between a strong theological foundation and passionate external focus. The church also places high value on doing great ministry themselves and embracing great ministry other places wherever it is happening.
McKinney Church is located in the southwestern part of Fort Worth, Texas, not far from the campus of Texas Christian University and Southwestern Baptist Seminary. The overall population of Fort Worth is largely churched. As a result, many who come to McKinney have been exposed to the Gospel, but a steady number of people come with very little or no church background. While many of the unchurched or nominally churched come to faith in Christ through their involvement at McKinney, the focus of the church is on equipping people to serve Christ in their particular sphere of influence, in their neighborhoods, and around the world.
McKinney’s Purpose (What we strive to do):
“To develop Christ-Centered People Who Make a Difference.”
McKinney’s Process (How we do it):
By helping them…
Connect with Christ: Moving a person to a point of decision to respond to the Gospel, either for
eternal life or the Christian life.
Transform in Community: Moving a person to a Community Group for authentic relationships,
application of Scripture, and external focus, together.
Engage their World: Moving a person to a Gospel-driven lifestyle of service, every day, every
door, every time.
1. Open-Handedness: We love celebrating and partnering where God is at work all over our city and all over the world. Church is bigger than McKinney.
2. Biblical Preaching that’s Portable: We love to unpack the Bible in a way that is clear so we can understand it, apply it, and take it with us wherever we go.
3. Church as a Family: We love to see different generations worshipping side-by-side.
That means all of us make sacrifices, but that’s what family does.
4. No Perfect People Allowed: We love being a family where it’s safe to share the real
truth about ourselves and pursue Jesus together.
5. Ministry is a Team Sport: We love to develop and challenge every person (not just afew pastors) to be involved in what God is doing wherever we are.
McKinney is a Bible church focused on the clear message of the Bible and how it applies to regular people in today’s world. McKinney strives to maintain that focus throughout their ministries as they challenge people to serve God by serving others.
McKinney focuses the majority of its resources, energy, and effort around developing its
outward focus in serving the community. The primary goal at McKinney is not to only bring people to the church, but rather to have the church be a training center that equips and mobilizes people to serve in the world in some capacity.
The Church offers two Sunday morning worship times each week at 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM. Services combine contemporary music with relevant, expository preaching. Worship Services are the primary environment for helping people “Connect with Christ.”
McKinney is a church of community groups which meet throughout the week with a focus on
applying truth through sermon based studies, reaching new people through the multiplication of groups, and serving the community together. Community Groups are geographically based and are the primary environments for helping people “Transform in Community.”
While McKinney has been known as a church with a heart for the world and has a significant missions emphasis, there is also an emphasis on equipping members to develop a personal ministry to people within their sphere of influence. Whether through mission teams, church-wide service days, community group projects, or individual ministry, McKinney tries to leverage each environment to help people “Engage their World” every day of their lives.
In addition, there is a significant focus on continuing to provide excellent Children’s, Family, and Student Ministry to the increasing number of young families that have started attending McKinney while seeking increased alignment of those ministries around the church’s purpose and process. As the church continues the transition to its new and younger Lead Pastor, the church anticipates even more growth in this younger demographic.
McKinney also recently launched Iglesias McKinney in 2015, a Spanish speaking congregation that meets on Sundays at 10:30am in the new chapel. English speaking kid’s and students from Iglesias McKinney integrate into the existing ministries of McKinney Church.
FORT WORTH COMMUNITY
Fort Worth is listed as #9 on Money.com’s “100 Best Places to Live” for 2011 and the 5th Fastest Growing city in the US. Fort Worth carries a genuine Texan flair while also boasting cosmopolitan offerings in art and culture. The economy of Fort Worth has remained stable throughout the economic downturn and a wide variety of affordable housing options abound.
In the 1870’s, it was a stop on the great cattle drive to Kansas, called the Chisholm Trail, and when the railroads arrived it became a livestock market in its own right. Cowboys and outlaws populated the city in its early years, and much of that character remains. While the cattle trade is still a major industry, the Stockyards provide a stimulating, atmospheric slice of the Old West life.
Fort Worth also prides itself on excellent museums – the best in the state – and a bustling downtown that exists on a human scale. Looking toward the future, the city is also undertaking the massive Trinity River Master Plan, which will include one of the largest urban parks in the US and trails and greenways along the Trinity River.
Nearby Arlington is home to both the Texas Rangers baseball franchise and the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys.
The community is ethnically diverse, yet economically homogenous with most falling into the middle to upper-middle income range. A large percentage of the population has at least some church background though there is a small percentage of the population that is completely unchurched. Fort Worth (and nearby Dallas) boast a number of excellent universities and seminaries for the candidate with interest in pursuing additional education as a means to expanding their ministry.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorRez.Church
- Loveland, Colorado
- December 2
McKinney Memorial Bible Church
At McKinney Church, our desire is to "develop Christ-centered people who make a difference." We believe that happens as they connect with Christ; transform in community; and engage their world.More...