Redwood Park Church has a unique mission and vision in the city of Thunder Bay – we are a church where everyone is welcome, nobody is perfect and anything is possible. We want to be a church that reaches people who don’t attend church. This shapes our approach to ministry and the ways in which we operate. Specific to worship and the arts, we strive to create worship experiences that allow the believer to fully express their worship to God, as well as experiences that engage anyone new to faith and exploring what faith in Jesus Christ is all about. Redwood Park Church supports a weekly attendance of roughly 750 over 2 Sunday morning services.
Although Thunder Bay is largely unchurched, our people are authentic and open to a faith that changes the tone and focus of our community. Thunder Bay is in the heart of Northwestern Ontario and has a population of approximately 120,000. It is a great place to live and raise a family – with amazing access to the great outdoors and offering a vibrant cultural and entertainment mosaic.
As Worship Director, under the leadership and direction of our Creative and Communications Pastor, you will give direction to our worship ministry and worship teams. This includes but isn’t limited to:
- leading worship regularly, as well as mentoring and raising up volunteer worship leaders
- choosing weekly music sets and assisting in the service planning process
- leading weekly rehearsals – training, growing, and mentoring worship and music teams
- administrative duties involved in weekly ministry responsibilites
As Communications Assistant, under the leadership and direction of our Creative & Communications Pastor, you will assist in the execution of regular communication functions. This includes but isn’t limited to:
- administration support for printed materials for Sunday services (bulletins and other promo)
- assisting in oversight, content creation, and administration support for social media platforms, church app, and other communication functions.
You are passionate about reaching the unchurched. You embrace our Vision, Mission, Values and the way we “do church.” You are an intentional relationship builder with a proven ability to nurture teams, inspire excellence and kingdom impact.
You will ideally possess:
• a deep and infectious faith in God and a personal character that reflects the integrity, love and compassion of Jesus
• a transparent leadership style that empowers teams and encourages participation
• the heart of a servant-leader: humble, other-centred, and highly relational
• strong communication skills
• strong insight into emerging trends in worship music in the church
• exceptional ability as a vocalist and/or instrumentalist
• strong music understanding and ability to instruct others
• extensive worship leading experience
• cultural sensitivity to the diversity in our church and community
• creative thinking and ability to engage in creative brainstorming and planning both in a team setting and on your own projects.
• strong administrative skills
• a comfort working in the emerging social media environment
• gifts of faith, leadership and administration
• an understanding of the Redwood ethos and Thunder Bay culture
• the ability to relate to, and desire to engage, the emerging generation
• agreement with the statement of faith, policies and constitution of Redwood and The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
• obtained post-secondary degree, or equivalent education, or equivalent in demonstrated practical experience
P.S. You are real, not perfect. Some of the above are not your strong suit. You know your strengths and short-comings and are able to compensate by maximizing the gifts in others. You manage your personal gaps well. You delegate, empower and trust.
Salary: Negotiable commensurate with experience and churches of comparable size.
Digital Audition: To complete your application we require one of two options.
Option 1: 2 video recordings to demonstrate your vocal/music ability. You may choose any 2 worship songs of your choice. (if you lead worship from an instrument please sing and play) Upload the videos privately to youtube or vimeo and include links to the videos on your cover letter. *We are not concerned about the audio/video production quality – This can be done on a webcam.
Option 2: Provide links to recorded church services that include you leading worship.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
Redwood Park Church
We are a church where Everyone is Welcome, because Nobody is Perfect and Anything is Possible. Our Mission: Becoming fully alive followers of Jesus who love God, love others, and love the world. We believe that we are called by God to make a difference in Thunder Bay and in our world. We believe that faith is a life changing and a life giving experience available to everyone. We believe Jesus calls us each to become fully alive - that knowing God and living our lives for Him is what we were created for - it's where we find p More...