Position: Worship Leader – Chicago Suburb--Naperville, Large Church
Hours: Part-time, 15-18 hours per week including some evening and weekend hours.
Hiring Salary Range: Dependent on experience (Approximately $20 per hour)
OVERVIEW: Good Shepherd is a 4,000+ member Christian church with the primary mission to “Reach and Transform Spiritually distracted people so we all come to love and serve God.” The worship team is a dynamic, creative, caring group of individuals
who love Jesus and who desire to inspire others to know Him and love Him.
PURPOSE: The focus of this position is to lead and facilitate excellent music and creative arts elements for a Sunday worship service. (One of six services at two venues) The main focus is on music and leading worship. This service is intended
to be unique, and the individual in the position needs to embrace a wide variety of musical genres and be able to execute them with excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of musicians to facilitate Sunday morning worship, including a weekly rehearsal and Sunday morning run-through
- Work with the Worship Team and Pastors to generate ideas, build consensus, discern song choices and creative elements (liturgy, videos, drama, music, visual arts, images, flow) to support passionate worship
- Prepare and arrange music through purchase or custom arrangement/composition
- Effectively communicate weekly responsibilities and details with the 11 a.m. serving teams
- Participate in monthly community serving opportunities
- Assist in recruiting, supporting, developing, and equipping all musical leaders
- Network with surrounding organizations/churches as requested
- Meet weekly with both Directors of Worship and attend weekly Worship Team staff meetings
- Make pre-approved purchases within allotted budget
EXPERIENCE: Four or more years of experience leading dynamic and varied worship. Strong background in arranging and conducting music; leading musicians and vocalists; and organizing projects and schedules.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong vocal and instrumental performance skills
- Strong conducting / leading skills
- Strong music arranging skills in a variety of genres
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to attract, develop, and lead people and/or ministry teams
- Proficient in creative Worship software (Pro Presenter, Planning Center Online, Photoshop, etc.)
- Proficient in music software (sequencing and notation programs)
To apply, interested candidates should email resume, cover letter, and clip of worship leading if available to email@example.com as early as possible. Please do not contact employer directly.
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer.