Reports to: Lead Pastor and Elders of Crossroad Community Church
Hours: Ranging from 6-8 hours a week from planning, scheduling, practicing, to leading on Sunday.
Worship Leader Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility of this individual is to assist the congregation in expressing their love for God in corporate worship, to develop a music ministry that will glorify God, and to promote the participation of the body in worship through music during
Sunday worship services and other events.
Ministry Goals and Objectives:
- Leads the church in a blended-style of worship for Sunday services. (mainly contemporary)
- Recruits, leads and develops those involved in the worship/music ministry.
- Schedules and leads meetings with key individuals to discuss and plan worship service and events.
- Supervises the coordination and scheduling of all accompanying participants in our worship ministry.
- Oversees the ministry and development of all vocal and instrumental groups or individuals.
Our Worship and Its Leader:
- Loves the Lord. Their ministry will involve a passionate hunger for the Lord and musicianship.
- Continually expands the base of "worship-oriented" volunteers involved in the worship ministry.
- Models meaningful ways of experiencing and expressing worship and using creativity.
- Must play an instrument and be proficient in one or several instruments.
- Experienced in leading worship with a band and a team of vocalists.
- Sees "worship" as a daily walk with Jesus Christ impacting and affecting every part of our lives.
- Leads with a passion to see God glorified and His name lifted high.
- Has good team building skills and is able to develop and lead a team of musicians and vocalists.
- Is reliable/Takes initiative/Self-motivated
- Forms cooperative relationship with lead pastor, elders and administrative staff
This position will begin on a probationary period of 60 days from start date before this person is selected. We will evaluate the selectee's performance on or before the eight week prior to permanent selection. After permanent selection as worship leader,
we will offer four Sundays off on a yearly basis. However these Sundays cannot be Easter or Christmas services.
Learn more about our church at www.crossroad-community.com