The primary responsibility of the Director of College and Ascend Ministries is to provide spiritual, visionary, team-based, value-driven leadership for the college and Ascend ministries of Pinelake Church in a manner consistent with the purpose, vision, core values and major objectives as expressed in the Strategic Ministry Plan. This role provides development, planning, execution and oversight in these areas in collaboration with the college pastors at each Pinelake Campus and the campus pastor/team leader for the Ascend staff.
SPECIFIC LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, oversee and evaluate all components of the College Ministry.
- Establish goals and objectives with the Director of Staff for the ministry and initiate strategies to fulfill them.
- Develop and implement avenues for leading college students to learn from, live for, and lead others to Christ.
- Collaborate with the college pastors to lead college Students to value becoming a part of the local body at Pinelake Church.
- Plan and promote activities to support the College Ministry strategy and supervise the communication of these activities to other staff members and the church congregation as appropriate.
- Support the small group philosophy of Pinelake by developing and carrying effective processes to assimilate students into small group community.
- Develop a leadership and servant leader support structure to ensure oversight, discipleship, maturation and encouragement are carried out through ministry.
- Assist the college pastors to lead college students to value living a missional life and “going” while in the college ministry.
- Coach college pastors to enlistment, training and evaluation of all volunteer workers in the College Ministry; provide training opportunities in keeping with the principles taught in Ephesians 4:11-12.
- Regularly communicate with the Director of Staff regarding the strategies of the College Ministry and schedule activities as specified by Pinelake policy and procedures.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the College Ministry in conjunction with the Director of Staff.
- Work annual staff development plan with Director of Staff to ensure growth professionally and spiritually.
- Assist other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Plan and execute recruitment strategy for all Ascend programs to include the ministry residents as well as summer internship programs.
- Work with the Director of Staff to vet applicants, construct interview panels and ultimately assimilate these individuals to the Pinelake staff.
- Organize training and assimilation experience for all Ascend programs.
- Develop ministry calendar in conjunction with the Director of Staff and Campus Pastors/ministry area team leads for all Ascend programs.
- Equip, coach, and mentor Ascend staff for the purpose of spiritual and professional development.
- Perform administrative duties such as compiling reports, preparing expense reports and completing purchasing orders as specified by church policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and one to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
College PastorPrivate Profile
- College Town, Oklahoma
- October 19
Faith Formation CoordinatorTrinity Lutheran Church
- Kent, Ohio
- October 12
Student Ministries Campus Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Homer Glen, and New Lenox, Illinois
- October 7
Youth Pastor - Texas (12116)The Shepherd's Staff
- South USA, Texas
- October 3
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Pinelake remains a church committed to being a movement of God where its people expectantly live out Christ-centered, Spirit-led, ongoing stories of Life Change. Our mission is to help people in Mississippi and around the world live out this vision of Life Change by developing Christ-followers who Learn from Christ, Live in Christ, and Lead others to Christ (L3).More...