This position is responsible for preparing the worship choir and worship leaders spiritually and musically to create transformational moments in the lives of people of Pinelake, as well as developing disciples, raising up servant leaders, and
leading the congregation in passionate and genuine expressions of worship.
SPECIFIC LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Equip the worship choir and servant worship leaders to effectively lead worship and contribute musically with a high degree of excellence.
- Identify worship choir members who have potential as servant worship leaders; develop a plan to equip them to grow to the next level of effectiveness; and assist the Worship Pastor in scheduling of vocalists for all services at the Reservoir campus.
- Lead worship as needed and assigned at Wednesday Renewal and Sunday morning worship services at the Reservoir campus.
- Direct and equip the worship choir and vocalists to lead at special events such as Nights of Worship, Christmas Tour, Christmas Night of Worship, and others as needed.
- Identify and equip a team of servant leaders to support the growth of the ministry, including recruitment, choir membership/orientation, care group structure, communication, discipleship, event planning, etc.
- Develop and implement a detailed rehearsal plan, including musical preparation, spiritual development, and worship equipping (utilizing servant leaders where appropriate).
- Assist in planning and organizing unique expressions of worship such as Plan Christmas Choir Tour, Night of Worship, including collaborating with the Missions Team to identify appropriate venues, selecting and preparing music, and arranging logistical details
(travel, dates, etc).
- Conduct daily personal prayer time and devotional studies and attend seminars, workshops and other forms of continuing education as a means of self-development and growth.
- As a loyal team member, cooperate with other staff members and follow the leadership of the Worship Pastor and Campus Pastor.
- Assist other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Develop and manage worship choir budget.
- Practice and protect personal spiritual disciplines to ensure that ministry occurs out of the overflow of your daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Lead the worship choir to embrace the values of Pinelake Church, including consistent exposure to L3 Bible readings, commitment to prayer in rehearsals, participation in service opportunities, and valuing personal discipleship and group life.
- Lead the worship choir to understand that personal holiness and an active walk with the Lord is the foundation for true worship leadership (Psalm 24) by clearly defining and communicating spiritual expectations and accountability through the care group
- Lead the members of the worship choir to maintain a clear biblical understanding of worship, its purpose in the local church, and how to fully embrace the role of a worship leader.
- Proficient vocally, musically (reading/writing), and instrumentally (keyboard preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience coaching and equipping choirs, vocal teams, and individual vocalists
- Demonstrated experience in building quality vocal teams that function at a high level of musical excellence
- Proven organizational leadership skills within choirs, vocal teams, and worship ministries in regards to establishing and adhering to standards of excellence (ex. active participation, spiritual accountability, etc.)
- Proficient on recording and transcription software (Pro Tools, Finale, etc)