Objective of the FCC Worship Minister
The objective of the worship minister is to lead First Christian Church in the worship of the Lord and to effectively equip individuals to become worshipers of the Lord in Spirit and truth, which both pleases and glorifies God.
Key Job Functions
Leadership in all aspects of worship and music.
Develop a long-term Christ-centered worship plan including weekly services, and special
events with an emphasis on fellowship, edification, and outreach.
Utilize a variety of formats to allow the church membership to participate fully in
- Establish goals corresponding with marks of excellence in worship, create & maintain worship teams, and lead people in the worship and praise of God.
Details of Ministry Areas and Responsibilities Music & Drama
- Organize, direct, and/or oversee various musical groups in all age ranges (i.e. choirs,
ensembles, instrumentalists, special music, etc.)
- Direct special events – cantatas, celebrations, revivals, dramatic presentations, performances by various artists/groups on a periodic basis as the Lord leads.
- Preparation & Ministry Growth
- Organize and maintain a library of church music.
Participate in sermon and seasonal concept development. Coordinate with sermon topics.
Prepare flow of worship services, select, and organize content with Senior Minister.
Communicate weekly worship service details in a timely fashion.
- Recruit and train volunteers to work in the Worship ministry. Encourage group cohesiveness by providing opportunities for fellowship and small group activities.
Technical / Hardware / Software
- FCC has an extensive amount of audio/video/computer hardware. Experience with audio and video wiring and analog and digital equipment is preferred.
Coordinate with ministry leaders regarding the care, maintenance of church sound, video
and lighting equipment and church musical instruments.
Develop multimedia presentations to be used in worship services as needed.
Be trained on, demonstrate knowledge of and train others on technical software and
equipment specific to this ministry area.
Computer hardware and software provided and maintained through church office.
• Paid time off, two weeks of vacation, sick days, and paid health care benefits are discussed in more detail in the FCC Employee Handbook.
Full Time, Salaried position, paid bi-weekly
Regular weekly office hours will be established.
The Worship Minister reports to the Senior Minister and Elders.
- Attendance at the following are required: Staff Meetings, FCC Annual Meeting, Monthly Leadership Meetings, Worship services, Special events such as cantatas, revivals, dramatic presentations, etc...