POSITION TITLE: Evangelism Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time (Exempt from overtime)
REPORTS TO: Outreach Director
Main Responsibilities & Required Duties –
- Maintain an active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ in prayer and Bible study.
- Coordinate Welcoming Team volunteers (greeters, café workers, welcome and guest desks, etc.) for Sunday morning and Wednesday evening gatherings.
- Manage guest follow-up protocols.
- Provide oversight for E (evangelism) Team and its P.I.C.S. volunteer structure (Pray, Invite, Connect, Share).
- Serve as staff liaison and volunteer coordinator for hospitality needs (kitchen crews, catering, event set-up, etc.).
- Provide program support for Wednesday Night Live and Life Tree Café evangelism initiatives.
- Support exploreUCUMC events for newcomers and Membership Classes for new members.
- Others as assigned by the Outreach Director.
- Attend and engage in general staff meetings and Outreach staff meetings.
- Unwavering commitment to the Great Commandment, the Great Commission, and the Vision and Mission of UCUMC.
- B.A. in Religious Studies, Intercultural Studies, Ministry, or related field.
- Experience serving and volunteering in outreach through a local church.
- Experience in larger urban settings.
- Experience teaching and leading Bible studies as well as gropus investigating Christianity.
- Understanding of how to communicate the gospel effectively to a variety of audiences using various atonement metaphors.
The definition of success in this position –
- 70+ members of the congregation active and growing in prayer annually.
- 3,000+ persons in the community directly invited to UCUMC annually (evidenced by an average of 20+ first time guests weekly).
- 150 adult new members at UCUMC annually.
- 30 adult baptisms at UCUMC annually.
- $30,000 annual salary plus health and dental insurance.