We are a non-denominational church in South Atlanta looking for the right person to lead our worship arts ministry (Music, Video and Graphics).
The principle function of the Worship Arts Pastor is to plan, coordinate and lead the total arts ministry of the church in conjunction with the vision of the church. This includes leading asan architect for the design and brand of the church.
Our style is similar to Elevation, Newspring, and Hillsong. We aim to reach the unreached in everything that we do and we have a high expectation for quality production. We take Jesus and the Bible very seriously and everything else…not so much. Our staff
environment is a lot of fun and we try to keep a great work/life balance. Our vision is bringing people, wherever they are, into a growing relationship with Christ.
We are looking for a person with great leadership skills, people skills, and music skills. Two primary requirements are the ability to be the architect of the weekend worship experience and the ability to lead the congregation into that worship experience.
You will be given the support to help the church grow through creativity.
Spiritual Requirements for the Role:
• Fulfill the requirements of I Timothy 3:1-7
• Must be saved and baptized
• Must agree with the doctrinal statements of Avalon Church
• Must attend all services and lead a small group
• Must tithe a minimum of 10% of gross household income
• Must maintain a growing spiritual life
• Must have a call to vocational ministry
• Must strive to build relationships with the lost and un-churched in order to bring them to Christ
• Must maintain a good personal testimony in sexual purity and financial integrity
• Must prioritize family time so as not to neglect your spouse or children
• Must maintain a team spirit and avoid criticism of the church, the pastor or other staff members.
• A good attitude
• Support the vision and leadership of the church
• Able to lead worship in a modern and relevant style
• Graphic and Video Editing
• Help lead and create the “look” of the church
• Lead a team of 30+ musicians/tech
• At least 2 years of previous worship leading experience
• If married, a spouse that is supportive and seeks to be involved in the church
The following items are REQUIRED for an application to be considered:
• A résumé detailing experience in leading worship, along with other work experience and education
• A brief cover letter expressing your testimony and current church involvement
• A video of your worship leading ability on YouTube or Vimeo
• A link to any portfolio of your creative work
Salary will be dependent upon experience and education. Moving expenses will be included in salary package.