Faith Community is governed by a team of elders. The pastor serves as the lead elder on this team. All elders are to meet the biblical requirements found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. The congregation is kept informed through regular communication,
and feedback is encouraged.
Due to Faith Community’s emphasis on biblical teaching, the next lead pastor will be an individual who has demonstrated ability to make the truth of God’s Word understandable and relevant to people’s lives today.
The church is seeking a leader who will advance the vision of the church to make disciples by reaching out broadly to impact our community and the world for Christ.
- Championing and developing the vision of FCC with the elders and other key ministry leaders.
- Bearing responsibility for preaching/teaching each Sunday. Others may be asked to speak from time to time but the primary responsibility belongs to the lead pastor.
- Working closely with the worship leader to plan the Sunday service.
- Developing the church through Sunday Service (Connecting to God), Community Groups (Connecting to Others) and Ministry Teams (Connecting to the World).
- Working for the continued development of community within the church body to build unity of relationships and provide the platform for spiritual growth and maturity.
- Overseeing the development of the stewardship of gifts and giving
that God has provided FCC to advance his kingdom.
- Providing pastoral care for the church body as needed and developing a pastoral care team to extend the ministry within the church.
- An active and growing faith and relationship with Jesus Christ
that sets an example for the body and contributes to the growth and maturity of the church.
- Agreement with the Statement of Faith of Faith Community Church and its ministry.
- A Masters Degree in theological training (bible, theology, ministry) from an evangelical seminary.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Associate, Lead or Senior Pastor
- The ability to teach, administrate church business and successfully manage the continued growth of the church partners, in such a way as to attract others to God by demonstrating Faith Community’s values and beliefs.
- A pattern of family life that can serve as a model for others in the congregation.