Tomoka United Methodist Church seeks a Children’s Ministry Director who will exhibit an infectious passion for children to experience God’s love and grace. This passion will flow from their own love of God through their relationship with Jesus Christ. The
investment we are making in children, the ministry, and the staff roles will draw us closer to realizing God’s call to be intergenerational. The Director will have oversight of children’s ministry from birth through 5th grade including the Nursery. They will
provide overall leadership and responsibly for the strategic planning, growth, and implementation of children’s ministry. They will also create a culture of collaboration that engages and equips parents and guardians to spiritually lead their families. They
will have an understanding of the Christian faith and embrace United Methodist theology and doctrine.
- Lead children and equip their families to follow Jesus
- Invite, train, and empower volunteers to provide leadership within the children’s ministry.
- Maintain a monthly volunteer schedule that is sent to volunteers at least three weeks in advance.
- Follow up with people that are interested in volunteering with children’s ministry.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate children’s ministry volunteers.
- Recognize first-time guests by sending a gift to the home of each family.
- Oversee communication between the church, children, and families.
- Stay in touch with other vibrant children’s ministries around the country.
- Lead in the selection of curriculum for children ages birth through 5th grade.
- Adapt and prepare curriculum for all ages
- Oversee the setup and operation of all related children’s ministry environments on Sunday morning, including check-in, individual children’s environments, security, check out, setup and tear down.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry budget, plan, and staff select special events as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in the Discipleship Team for planning overall ministry coordination.
- Ensure that the Tomoka Child & Youth Protection Policy is observed in all ministry settings.
- Other agreed upon duties under the direction of the Senior Pastor and/or SPRC.
Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the new Children's Pastor. However, it is likely that they will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. They will possess previous leadership experience with
a solid background in a related field such as education or child development. He or she will have previous church staff and/or ministry experience with considerable understanding in leading, training, and deploying individuals/teams.