Arvada Covenant Church is a church where people can belong before they believe. We hope God will use our community of faith to bring people TOGETHER so they are TRANSFORMed by His love and then TELL His story in their neighborhoods.
The Director of Student Ministries oversees all student ministry environments (Junior High/High School) with the goal of seeing student’s lives deeply connected to God and to one other caring adult. The Director will lead the ministry, care for students
and families, and communicate God’s love and truth.
- Encourage and manage the environments of student ministry to align with the vision of the Student Ministry Commission and Arvada Covenant Church.
- Recruit, train, and celebrate adult small group leaders, communicators, host home families and support team members. Manage and organize the Student Ministry staff team. Understand and use the “Orange” student ministry strategy and approach.
- Team with the church staff to pray for and pursue God’s vision for Arvada Covenant Church
- Create and maintain systems to welcome, connect, and pursue all students in some way identified with Arvada Covenant Church.
- Plan and implement intentional pathways for spiritual growth in the lives of students, leaders, and families.
- Study God’s Word and the current cultural context of students in our community to create teaching environments, series, and messages that faithfully and relevantly share God’s truth and calling to all students.
- Maintain and oversee ongoing communication with students, volunteer leaders, and parents through an updated website, email, texts, and other communication tools.
1. Strong, Consistent Leader
3. Good Listener and Relationship Builder
3. Educated and Teachable
4. Excellent communicator
Desired Experience / Education:
3 to 5 years leading a student ministry department
Degree in ministry studies, Bible, or equivalent major
To apply for the Director of Student Ministry position – Please send a cover letter, your resume, and provide three references with knowledge of your professional skills and experience to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.