Cornerstone Ministries, a dynamic non-denominational church, located just east of Pittsburgh in Murrysville, PA is currently seeking a full-time Middle School Ministry Director. Cornerstone is a church committed to reaching the next generation and seeks a qualified applicant who understands the importance of both evangelism and discipleship in a large church setting. Average weekend attendance at Cornerstone is 2000+. Interested candidates should carefully review the detailed job description below and contact Alan Hannah, Lead Associate Pastor via email at email@example.com.
Cornerstone Ministries’ Middle School Ministry Director, under the guidance and in cooperation with the Student Ministries Pastor, is responsible for planning, administering, coordinating, supervising and evaluating a comprehensive Middle School Ministry.
- Provide servant leadership in helping to support and fulfill the mission, vision, objectives and goals of the church.
- Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Loyal to Cornerstone Ministries, the Pastors and staff.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Christian living, espouse a Christian philosophy of life, and belief in the Christian Church and her teachings in accordance with Cornerstone’s stated policies and beliefs.
- Assist others to cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate personal disciplines.
- Assist in conveying Cornerstone’s message and carrying out its mission and leading others toward Christian maturity.
- Provide leadership in helping to support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values and goals of the church.
Student Ministry Duties:
- Assist the Pastor of Student Ministries in the implementation of an all encompassing student ministries program that coincides with Cornerstone Ministries’ values, objectives, and culture specifically geared towards Middle School Students.
- Communicate the vision, goals and direction of Middle School Youth Ministry to the parents and church under the direction of the Student Ministries Pastor.
- Provide care, counseling, and spiritual direction to Middle School students.
- Partner with parents to.
- Responsible for ministry to youth in the church grades 6 through 8.
- Help them realize God’s dream for their child.
- Help them produce youth who authentic Disciples of Christ.
- Help them guide their child to reach others for Christ with the purpose of evangelism and discipleship.
- Develop age appropriate outreach and discipleship ministries for local area middle school students.
- Identify and create ministry opportunities for middle school students. Develop and promote vital ministry moments through small groups, mid-week gatherings, and weekend services.
- Ensure an effective discipleship ministry for Middle School students.
- Create, organize, and lead effective evangelistic outreach events targeting local Middle School students.
- Assist in scheduling, planning, and coordinating large group meetings, weekend retreats, mission’s trips, summer camp etc.
- Evaluate existing ministries to determine their effectiveness.
- Recommend and implement changes to increase ministry effectiveness.
- Provide care for middle school students.
- Equip, recruit, train, support, lead and value Volunteers to serve in the Middle School and Student ministry.
- Develop systems to equip volunteers according to Cornerstone’s Equipping standards.
- Continually monitor opportunities to involve volunteers in ministry functions within the Student Ministry.
- Develop a clear process for welcoming, equipping and utilizing volunteer teams.
- Engage volunteers in development opportunities through workshops, seminars, and other churches.
- Work with the Student Ministries Pastor in the development of the annual ministry budget.
- Adhere to financial guidelines and approved budget.
Education, Skills, and Other Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, ministry related preferred.
- Active member of Cornerstone Ministries within 6 months of hire date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; prior use of a Church Management database helpful.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for relating to church staff and congregation.
- Possess a self-motivating attitude.
- Ability to meet prescribed goals as established by the church.
- Prompt and efficient.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Cleared Adult through Cornerstone’s Safe Place for Kids! Policy.
- Model the highest Christian virtues and personal decorum. (I Timothy 4:12).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Pastor Of Junior High FamiliesCrossRoads Church
- Red Deer County, Alberta
- October 19