New Life Christian Church, based in Morton, Illinois, is a multi-site church with two campuses. Our average Sunday morning attendance across both campuses regularly reaches 500. We launched our first multi-site campus in January of 2012 in Washington, Illinois. This summer they will complete a build-out of a retail space and settle into a permanent facility. Over the course of the last year New Life has grown by 20% and officially welcomed around 50 new members.
Each week at New Life we strive to engage God through modern worship and relevant messages. We love families and try to facilitate a community feel throughout all of our ministry efforts.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
New Life is searching for a KidsLife Director who will work in our multi-site system to join us in reaching families for Christ. The Director will oversee both campuses’ children’s ministries, including any part time staff.
- Cast the vision for the KidsLife ministry to parents, volunteers, staff, and the church.
- Coordinate education direction and goals for all ages and ministry areas across KidsLife- including curriculum selection.
- Establish safety and security policies and procedures for children and volunteers.
- Oversight of all volunteer leaders across both sites. Meet regularly to build unity, provide encouragement, and training opportunities. Help them carry out their role.
- Manage volunteer application/screening forms for all campuses – run background checks, manage files. Also run background checks and mange files for StudentLife.
- Coordinate Family Blessing services and parents class.
- Work collaboratively with StudentLife Directors from both campuses to ensure a holistic family ministry structure.
- Establish and maintain ministry budget as a whole for both campuses.
- Oversight of Vacation Bible School for all campuses, with assistance from part time staff.
- Oversight of mid-week pre-teen ministry in Morton.
- Oversight of special events (Christmas program, conferences, camps, etc.).
Weekly Ministry Responsibilities:
- Sunday morning oversight of KidsLife in Morton.
- Recruit schedule and train volunteers.
- Maintain equipment, supplies, and room set up for all areas.
- Keep regular contact with parents and volunteers- announcements, take home notes, etc.
- Provide weekly materials and lesson plans to volunteers.
- Execute and enforce safety and security policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related ministry field or equivalent experience preferred, child education degree or experience considered.
- Evidence of a deepening relationship with God (Bible, prayer, obedience to the Holy Spirit) that inspires others.
- High relational capabilities and able to motivate and work with adults and kids.
- Flexibility in ministry approach with an eye for excellence.
Commensurate with experience, education, and training.
Email a cover letter and resume (with references) to Jayson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Director/PastorPrivate Profile
- Cornelius, North Carolina
- September 28
Children's Ministry DirectorLife Church of Fort Collins
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- September 28
Director of Children's MinistryScioto Ridge United Methodist Church
- Hilliard, Ohio
- September 28
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27
Associate Preschool MinisterPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- September 26