Senior Pastor Position at Hastings Nebraska Evangelical Free Church
At the end of May 2015, Senior Pastor Randy Madison retired after 20 years of faithful service to the Lord and the Hastings Evangelical Free Church. Now the church is seeking a new Senior Pastor to lead the church into the future God has for HEFC. Please
use the links provided below to the church’s website (which is in the process of being redone). There you can download and prayerfully consider several important documents. There is a job description for the Senior Pastor position, the statement of faith of
the church, information about the Hastings Evangelical Free Church and information about the Hastings community. If after considering this information, you believe you have the godly character, the spiritual gifts and requisite skills to be considered for
the Senior Pastor position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that your resume will be examined to determine if the Pastoral Search Team believes you may possess the desired abilities and experiences set by the church leadership for the Senior Pastor position. If so, you will be sent a questionnaire to
complete very thoroughly and return to the Pastoral Search Team for further evaluation.
As you examine the job description you should know that preference will be given to potential candidates who, besides possessing the foundational qualifications for a Senior Pastor, have:
- Experience as a Senior Pastor in leading a multiple staff with Associate Pastors and a willingness to work alongside our present Associate Pastors.
- At a minimum, 7 years of pastoral experience, with preference given to those with pastorate(s) longer than 5 years
- At least a Master’s degree and preferably a Master of Divinity degree from an evangelical seminary
- Full agreement with the statement of faith of the church and the EFCA (Evangelical Free Church of America) which are the same
- Been ordained, and either has credentials with the EFCA or is willing to pursue full ordination credentials with the EFCA in the first year of ministry
- Demonstrated skills in preaching and teaching (NOTE: please provide a link to a site where the Pastoral Search Team can view and/or listen to several messages)
- Shown an ability to give visionary, missional leadership to the church
- Strong relational skills and a demonstrated ability to work well with people
- A healthy marriage and whose family is supportive of your ministry
- A desire to enter into the life of the community and make a difference in a mid-American small town (35,000 in Hastings and the surrounding area) for the cause of Jesus Christ
- A willingness to make a long term investment in our church and community. We can't always know how God will work in an individual's life or in the life of our church, but we would like someone who is willing to serve at least ten years in our church
Please use the following links to read and/or download these important documents before applying:
Senior Pastor job description > http://www.hastingsefc.org/job-description/
Statement of faith > http://www.hastingsefc.org/statement-of-faith/
Information about the church > http://www.hastingsefc.org/about-us/
Information about the community > http://www.hastingsefc.org/about-our-community/