Who are we?
TLC's passion is to serve as the hands and feet of Christ by reaching out to a hurting and dying world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As a community of Christ followers, we seek to encourage and support each other in the Christian faith and life.
What does this look like?
- We meet as a body of Christ (50 people including children) on Sunday nights in a women's gym in Pasadena, Maryland.
- We are a contemporary church in music and dress. Our Worship band is a husband and wife team playing guitar and keyboard.
- Kids bible study meets just prior to service each week. Younger children have nursery care during the sermon.
- We have three active life groups consisting of half of the adult church members.
- For us church does not stop on Sundays. We seek to serve as a body and as individuals to our community throughout the week.
We formed the church approximately 6 years ago with a focus on serving the needs of God's people in our community. We have intentionally kept facility and administrative costs to a minimum to direct the funds of the church for outreach and benevolence. Find out more about us at transforminglifechurch.org.
Who are we seeking?
A pastor who will provide the overall leadership for the spiritual health of the church, including strategy and ministry. He will be the primary preacher for the church delivering dynamic, spirit-led sermons and supporting our outreach events & ministry partnerships.
- Lead/preach the Sunday evening service approximately 45 times a year.
- Provide strategic leadership to the ministry leaders and church members.
- Recognize spiritual gifts in members and encourage them in the use of those gifts.
- Lead the coordination of communion and baptism (by immersion), along with the elders and other leaders.
- Actively participate in a life group.
- Oversee the discipleship ministries and personally be able to disciple multiple believers.
- Share the vision of the church and be able to lead others to understanding and belief of our vision.
- Fulfill the scriptural qualifications of a church leader, especially those of I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Must possess a Masters of Divinity degree or equivalent.
- Encourage others to participate in the transformation of their life through belief in Jesus Christ.
- Born-again, baptized believer who loves the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Capable communicator with a proven ability to cast vision and rally the church and community to a mission.
- Possess expertise in biblical theology.
- Spirit-filled, energetic, enthusiastic, and dynamic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to listen.
- Maintain a healthy balance of personal growth in the Lord, family life, and ministry life.
- Be a cheerful giver, giving gifts from the heart.
- Possess strong administrative and communication skills
- The ability to plan, set goals, promote events, and organize leadership development.
- Ability to convey biblical truth to all age groups.
- Loving heart that desires to connect with the church and newcomers.
- Possess the ability to disciple, teach and shepherd members of the church.
- Be able to work within a group, mentor, encourage, motivate and show true compassion for people of different life status.
- Possess abilities in conflict resolution and team building.
Transforming Life Church’s mission statement:
To glorify Jesus and to surrender to His transforming power through worship, love, service, and witness.
TLC’s values: We value and embrace our continual transformation by the power of the Holy Spirit. “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will,” (Romans 12:2).
Transforming through Worship:
Genuine worship of God is to be reflected in all that we do. We demonstrate our love for the Lord by investing in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Some practical ways to draw closer to him include actively participating in church services, spending time with him in prayer, reading and studying the Bible, giving cheerfully, and worshiping Him alone.
Transforming through Love:
We were never meant to live the Christian life alone. The body of Transforming Life Church is a family, and we offer many opportunities to know and to love each other. Our love for him is also evident in how we love his people. “Do everything in love” (1 Corinthians 16:14).
In addition to weekly Sunday evening church and monthly fellowship dinners, we strive to support one another throughout the week. One of the best ways to experience this type of community is to be connected to a life group. These small groups meet during the week in the homes of our members and give us the opportunity to “carry each other’s burdens” and to “build each other up” (Galatians 6:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:11). The members of our small groups truly become extensions of our immediate family. Our younger members can experience this fellowship with their peers through youth group, children’s bible study and nursery.
Transforming through Service:
We have been called to “loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke” (Isaiah 58:6). As individuals, we seek to put this passage into action by helping each other, serving those in need, and submitting to God’s will whenever we are called. As a church body, Transforming Life Church reflects the value of service by initiating events such as the Food & Clothing Giveaway and the Christmas Store, and by providing benevolence when needs arise.
Additionally, we partner with Christian-based organizations in our community of Northern Anne Arundel County and Southern Baltimore City, seeking to connect with people where they are. Our current community partners include HOPE for All, Drink at the Well, The Pregnancy Clinic and The Way Homes. We further extend our financial support to global ministries such as Voice of the Martyrs and missionaries who work to “bring salvation to the ends of the earth” (Acts 13:47).
Transforming through Witness:
We believe that every Christian has been given at least one spiritual gift through the power of the Holy Spirit, which is to be used to further the kingdom of God. “Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good” (1 Corinthians 12:7). We aim to live our lives with purpose by discerning our strengths and passions, discovering our spiritual gifts, and managing those gifts in ways that bring glory and honor to God. Our members are encouraged to choose areas of service that align with their passions and their areas of giftedness. We further commit to boldly sharing the gospel with those God puts in our path.
Statement of Beliefs
We believe in one God, creator and sustainer of all things, who exists eternally in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. These three are one in essence but distinct in person and function. We believe that God is limitless in power, knowledge, wisdom, love, and holiness (1 Chronicles 29:11; 1 John 5:5-7; Revelation 4:11).
We believe the Bible is inspired by God and is without error as originally written. The Bible is God's unique and final authority on Christian faith and practice. The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, though written by men, was supernaturally inspired by God so that all its words are the written true revelation of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
We believe Man was created in the image and likeness of God. Man willfully disobeyed God incurring spiritual and physical death. Each person is a sinner by nature and is in need of divine salvation (Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23).
We believe that Jesus Christ offered Himself as a sacrifice by the appointment of God the Father. He fulfilled the demands of God by His obedient life, died on the cross in full substitution and payment for the sins of all, was buried, and on the third day, He arose from the dead and ascended into Heaven where He now intercedes for all believers (Romans 5:8).
We believe that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ; His death, burial, and resurrection. Salvation is a gift from God, not a result of our good works or of any human efforts. The believer is declared righteous, born again by the Holy Spirit, turned from sin, and assured of heaven for eternity (Ephesians 2:8-9).
We believe the Holy Spirit lives within all who place their faith in Jesus Christ, conforming themselves to the likeness of Him (Ephesians 1:13-14).
We believe in the return (second coming) of Jesus Christ for all believers. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
We believe the church is a group of people God has designed for encouragement and support for believers while corporately glorifying God through various forms of worship and outreach, in order to advance the Kingdom of God on earth (1 Thessalonians 5:11; 1 Chronicles 16:29; Isaiah 58:6-7).
We practice baptism by immersion. Once a believer accepts Jesus Christ as their Savior, the new believer is commanded by the Word of God to be baptized in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
We believe in the celebration of the Lord’s Supper: a unique time of communion in the presence of God when the elements of bread and juice, representing the Body and Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, are taken in remembrance of Jesus’ sacrifice on the Cross (Luke 22:19).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Discipleship PastorEngedi Church
- Holland, Michigan
- January 17
Associate Pastor for DiscipleshipCanopy Roads Baptist Church
- Tallahassee, Florida
- January 14
Connections and Missions PastorVineyard Christian Fellowship
- Grove City, Ohio
- January 12
Campus Pastor (171703)Private Profile
- Northeast US, Pennsylvania
- January 11
Director of Community LifeCrossPoint Church
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- January 10