The creative arts pastor is responsible to lead the congregation in magnifying the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God’s Word with music, thereby motivating the gathered church to proclaim the gospel, to cherish God’s presence, and to live for God’s glory. They are responsible for training and shepherding staff and volunteers serving with bands and production teams at the church and overseeing the worship portion of services, including musical selection and arrangements. Additionally this position is responsible for the visual and musical aspects of the church service and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of the church, thus ensuring consistent quality and theology.
ABOUT VALLEY HARVEST
Valley Harvest is new church with a long history. We are about to celebrate our 3 year anniversary having come together from 3 separate church families here in Chowchilla. We have an affinity for contextualizing our ministry to the residents of our community. Chowchilla is a small rural community of about 12,000 in California’s San Joaquin Valley approximately 30 miles north of Fresno. While there are many people who love Jesus here only about 10% attend local worship services weekly. We have a passion to gather in the other 90%.
We are praying that the Holy Spirit will find us suitable vessels as we seek to partner in His work of awakening affection for Jesus in the hearts of the people of our city. We strive to love God with all our heart, soul and strength as we share His love with everyone, inviting them to be a part of His family, equipping them to serve and inspire them to lay down their lives for His Kingdom. A strong creative arts ministry pastor would go a long ways in helping us accomplish the vision God has given us.
We are currently a multi-generational church gathering twice on Sundays for a blended worship service consisting mostly of contemporary worship songs and modernized hymns. The team consistently uses multi-track loops during each set. Our sound system is controlled by a Studio Live 24.4.2. Our musicians use in-ear monitors and we are currently using Easy Worship for our projection system and Planning Center to schedule services.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Fulfill the duties required of Valley Harvest members as outlined in the membership covenant.
- Philosophical alignment with church leadership.
- Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment.
- Proven track record in ministry and biblical discipleship of others.
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders.
- Possess oral and written communication gifts and an engaging “up-front stage presence”.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust regarding leader and member information. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views, & give and welcome feedback. Contribute to building a positive team spirit, putting success of team above their own interests and be able to build morale and group commitment to vision and mission of the church. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the environment, to change approach or method as is most fitting for each situation and be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to read music notation and chord charts.
- Bachelor’s degree or ‘ministry experience’ equivalent in music and worship leading. (A seminary degree would be a plus).
- Proficiency with presentation, composition , and daw software in addition to Planning Center, Song Select, & Microsoft Office.
To complement the spiritual gifts that our leadership is currently blessed with, the Creative Arts Pastor should have a spiritual gift mix of 3 of the following: leadership, teaching, discernment, administration, evangelism and service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee leading worship for weekend services.
- Oversee all areas of production (audio, light, service management).
- Oversee efficient and meaningful rehearsals with worship team.
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
- Prepare weekly service schedules, songs and arrangements for weekend services.
- Prepare charts for musicians as needed.
- Maintain music and sound equipment
- Attend regular meetings with leadership team.
- Collaborate with other leaders to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship.
- Lead worship for special events (Good Friday, Advent, weekday events, etc.).
- Manage the worship budget.
- Participate in songwriting, arranging, and recording as time allows.
- Other duties as assigned
1. Compensation range is $42,000-$54,000 per year based upon experience and education.
2. 2 weeks paid vacation, sick pay, & all major holidays
Mail or email your resume and a cover letter addressing the calling that God has put upon your life and where you see Him leading your current ministry. Also include a video link of you leading the church in worship. A salary history, and a spiritual gifts assessment would be a plus.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorNorthfield Church
- Gering, Nebraska
- January 23
Director of Contemporary WorshipCenterville Community Church
- Centerville, Ohio
- January 23
Worship Arts PastorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- January 23
Piano Accompanist/Music & Worship AssociateBerea First Baptist Church
- Greenville, South Carolina
- January 23
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20