The Graphic Arts & Communication Coordinator will be gifted and experienced in his/her field to
serve the church by effectively and creatively meeting the graphic design, media, and publication needs of the various ministries of the church. This position would require producing compelling print and digital communications materials, including worship guides, announcement slides, web layout, web and app graphics, advertising, signage, booklets, brochures, logos, and other projects. This position also assists ministry leaders in implementing communications strategies through all church media, including print, audio/visual, and web.
The Graphic & Communication Coordinator position is an integral member of GI Free Church’s Communications Team and is responsible for the concept, execution, and project management of graphic design, page layout, corporate branding, app layout, and some photography projects.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, commercial art, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced professional graphic design studio or agency setting
- Expertise in Mac OS
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of four-color printing
- Experience in digital photography
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and copywriting experience is a plus
- Experience in web design and maintenance, social media platforms, computer networking
- Is in agreement with the doctrinal positions and constitutions of GI Free and the Evangelical Free Church of America
- In addition, you must be able to manage multiple projects in a deadline-heavy environment and have significant understand of print and digital production skills with clear verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Skills and Talents:
- Proficient and growing knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient and growing knowledge of video editing software
- Ability to become proficient in additional creative software
- Knowledgeable concerning relevant legal and ethical skills
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Energized by non-routine assignments
- Works within budget parameters
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Desire to continually learn and serve others
- Honest and trustworthy
- Integrity for work habits and results
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively, and proactively
- Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character
- Able to keep high level of confidentiality
- Creative and innovative
- Attention to detail and follow-through on assignments and deadlines
- Dependable attendance
- Pleasant and professional demeanor with the public and staff
The Graphic & Communication Coordinator reports directly to the Lead Pastor, but works closely with all Pastoral Staff and alongside administrative staff. This position is under the supervision of the Board of Trustees.
As a church and individually, we are committed to transforming the person, the community, and the world by expectantly living out Christ-centered, Spirit-led, ongoing stories of life change. We glorify God by daily laying aside our personal desires in order to follow Him, putting our energy and resources at His disposal and trusting Him to guide us.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30
Grand Island Evangelical Free Church
We are a multigenerational evangelical church and celebrating our 75th year. We believe in transforming the person, the community, and the world. We do this by daily laying aside our personal desires in order to follow Christ, putting our energy and resources at His disposal and trusting Him to guide us. We value missions, strong programs for people of all ages and outreach within our community. More...