COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING MANAGER
The Communication and Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing a communication/marketing strategy in line with The Chapel’s mission and vision while delivering on it through the production and oversight of all internal and external communications to all major constituencies.
The Communication and Marketing Manager will advance the following priorities:
- Plan and execute programs that enhance the visibility and brand of The Chapel
- Organize communication activities that support the admission, marketing and public relations objectives of The Chapel
- Ensure clear, intentional, engaging, and transparent communication between and among all constituencies (present, past, and future) of The Chapel
- Build awareness of events, needs, announcements, etc. through social media channels, and other digital formats proactively, by knowing and looking for the things that need communicated.
Responsibilities include the following:
- To oversee, manage, and execute the communication/marketing plan for The Chapel.
- Ensure that the church maintains frequent, intentional, and consistent communication with staff, congregation, group leaders, students and families, and the community at large.
- To work alongside and execute all marketing/communications representing The Chapel to various groups (print, website, social media, video/film, etc.).
- Maintain and track effectiveness of communication vehicles through analytics
- To identify emerging marketing strategies, test their effectiveness and report on their results.
- Create and implement online communications strategy, keep website content updated & current, ensure proactive communications through social media, web, CCB, phone, and other methods consistent and measureable.
- Collaborate with each department to develop communications objectives for the church’s departments and ministries.
- Produce & communicate stories to strengthen brand/mission internally & externally
- Create a deeper level of branding for The Chapel across all audiences
- Protect mission, vision, and brand by reviewing, filtering, and editing all communication and marketing vehicles (clearinghouse/gatekeeper).
- Proactively manage media relations, including writing and distributing all press releases
- Review production of all publications, including, but not limited to, handbooks, event invitations, and programs
- Work very closely with the Pastor/Director of Creative Arts on advertising & marketing materials
- Work closely with vendors and printing firms
- Take or source photographs for various communications usage
- Support fully the mission of The Chapel and attend the Akron campus regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Pastor/Director of Creative Arts.
- Must be a dedicated follower of Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications/marketing-related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating/managing a communications strategy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in electronic publishing, website management, and social media.
- Excellent verbal, written, creative, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Exhibits the ability to create content as well as identify and generate creative story ideas
- Is experienced in traditional branding techniques
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- Background experience with churches or non-profits is preferred.
- This position is directly accountable to the Pastor of Creative Arts.
Please submit resume and link to online portfolio and social media presence to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorEast 91st Street Christian Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- September 22
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Video ProducerCumberland Community Church
- Smyrna, Georgia
- September 20
Creative Content Writer (Contract)Private Profile
- North Charlotte / LKN, North Carolina
- September 16
Technical DirectorThe Church of Eleven22
- Jacksonville, Florida
- September 15