The Senior Pastor is responsible for using his spiritual gifts and skills in preaching the Gospel and for providing pastoral care in meeting the needs of the church and community. The Senior Pastor is responsible for providing a Biblically-based vision,
strong leadership and administration of all church ministries, programs, services and operations (including financial and personnel). The Senior Pastor should evidence belief in the Statement of Faith as reflected in the King’s Grant Constitution.
- Lead in the overall spiritual growth of the church membership through Biblically-based teaching and preaching ministry.
- Provide general supervision to the entire church staff and direct all staff in a unified philosophy of ministry.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study and prayer, as well as personal accountability with other Christians.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with unchurched people in the community, serving as a personal witness of God’s love to them. Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Be available to staff and the church community for counseling regarding personal or spiritual matters.
- Lead the church, along with the professional staff, in visitation to visitors, newcomers and hospitals.
- Officiate at weddings, funerals, and other church ceremonies.
- Serve as a liaison to the Deacon Ministry in the church and attend the deacon’s meetings as needed and beneficial.
- Serve as a member of all church committees with such authority as specified in the constitution.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a graduate of an accredited seminary with a Masters of Divinity and/or Masters in Christian Education.
- Must have strong interpersonal and motivational skills in order to lead the church and staff.
- Must be mature with the necessary experience and job knowledge to provide stable and wise leadership of the church.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to delegate responsibly. Must also evident strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must deal with diverse groups of all ages utilizing tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Must possess an understanding of the business nature of the church.
- Must lead by example through personal involvement in worship, witnessing, serving, Bible study and stewardship.
Please visit our website, kingsgrantbaptist.com, to better understand our beliefs, programs, mission, and vision. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be received
until August 8, 2016.