Shady Grove UMC is searching for a full-time Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
In obedience to God's call and under the direction of the senior pastor, the director will:
- develop, implement, coordinate and oversee a comprehensive ministry to middle school, senior high, college and young adults to include but not limited to the following:
- plan, implement, coordinate and oversee Sunday School for youth and young adults, youth Sunday Night worship, small groups for youth and young adults, special events for youth, college students and young adults (including fall retreats, winter retreats,
summer mission trips, beach trips and other field trips), missions and service projects, special outreach events (Halloween Youth Rave, special concerts)
- be active in the lives of youth and young adults by attending youth extracurricular activities (sports, band concerts, plays)
- provide age- and setting-appropriate counseling to youth, college students, young adults and parents of youth dealing with spiritual, personal and ethical issues
- notifies pastoral staff of pastoral needs among youth, young adults, college students and their families
- serve as liason and support to youth praise band
- recruit, equip, deploy and supervise teams of unpaid servants (volunteers) to serve in various areas of youth and young adult ministries
- perform administrative tasks for assigned ministries including budget planning and management, program advertisement, ministry updates and communication (newsletter, social media, etc), reports and presentations
- ensure compliance with all Safe Sanctuaries policies for all youth functions and serve on church Safe Sanctuaries committee
- assist senior pastor in worship leadership when needed
- represent youth and young adult ministry on administrative council
- participate in staff meetings
- support other staff members and ministries through personal prayer and cooperative efforts
Salary comensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Dr. Tom Mabry at firstname.lastname@example.org.