TITLE: Communications Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Art and Communications
DATE: July 1, 2016
Under the general supervision of the Director of Art and Communications, the Communications Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day and weekly production, editing and execution of print and digital media. This position is responsible for producing comprehensive,
clear, and consistent communications that effectively convey the vision, mission, and principles of La Jolla Community Church.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining and updating the church website
- Assisting with the development and design of print media (church bulletin, posters, brochures, etc.)
- Preparing and editing the weekly e-newsletters
- Prepare projected media for Sunday services
- Developing content for social media
- Monitoring and analyzing online metrics
- Administrative support for communications
- Archiving and managing digital media
- Additional tasks as assigned
- B.S./B.A. in Graphic Design, Advertising or Communications, preferred
- 2 years related experiences, such as, in high-volume advertising, communications agency, graphic design firm, internal corporate or production/pre-press environment, preferred
- Strong layout skills, ability to edit vector files, well-developed typography skills, and proficiency in photo editing /color correction
- Proficient in latest version of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), and Outlook on a PC
- Experience in website development and e-newsletter publishing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with meticulous attention to details.
- Able to operate a variety of office equipment, such as, fax machine, copiers, scanner, folder, cutting boards, etc.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
To apply, please submit a resume along with a link to a digital portfolio by July 20, 2016.